Wednesday, June 12, 2013

tangled up in blue....

Hump Day! How's every body's week going so far? I'm super happy that my Husbear is back in town from his trip to Ohio. I missed him so much! As some of you may know I participated in my last First Thursday ever!!! I didn't sell much but had a blast with my friends and scored some really cute accessories. I ended up coming home with less money than I started out with. Ha! Don't tell the Mister but I used my petty cash to buy some really cute dresses at Dots. That's right...Dot's. I completely forgot about that store all together but  drove by and thought I'd pop in and walked out with 3 dresses! Yikes. Lol. That very same weekend 
(while the Husbear was out of town) I found a bunch of awesome pieces at the local thrift store as well. I've been having so much luck lately. Here's one of my dresses from Dots. I love this dress because it's extremely comfortable even in the Austin heat. It's really light weight and moves with me. Nice!

These images were so rushed. I have a new schedule and work till 8:00 pm now. It's really frustrating because Matt is the photographer and our schedules don't mesh so I literally had about 5 minutes until the sun went down. It's funny because you can tell the last image was taken while the sun was at it's brightest and the others were right after it went down over the hill. Big temperature difference!

I wish you could see the ring better in this photo. I'll have to wear it in other pictures sometime, It's really very beautiful with an arrow design on it..... I love how large it is. I scored this piece from the booth selling across from me during First Thursday. I was super excited about it. The bracelets are older and from Claire's. The lovely nail color is by Essie, I thought it was very summery. I found these old sunnies that I bought years ago tucked away in a suit case. The boots are from Dot's. 


This lovely owl necklace was given to me from my dear friend Brigitte Cordova owner of Ohemgeeboutiques and a very cute blog A hundred cups of tea and a cupcake. Brigitte was sharing my booth with me during First Thursday. I also bought a very darling birdie bracelet from her for a great deal. I will wear it in a future daily wears post. As my time closes on First Thursday Brigitte's is just beginning. You may be seeing more of her in the near future. As for me I am still selling on Big Cartel  
(I just updated my site) and Parts & Labour. I'm also going to be participating in my first ever Austin Craft Riot Show which I'm very excited about. I also just applied to The 2013 Blue Genie Art Bazaar again this year so hopefully they will accept me..... it's a juried show. We shall see, I am open to whatever the future holds.

You can actually see the reflection of the sun just about to set in my shades. Ha! I injured myself big time while posing. I was tromping up the field and stepped on a huge thorn that went right trough the sole of my boot and right into my foot! Ouch! The things we do for fashion. Luckily it didn't hurt for long.
 I hope everyone has awesome plans for this weekend. Unfortunately I don't... I'm having a small surgery on Friday and will be out of commission for a few days. More on that later. Hopefully I will be feeling good enough to post some daily wear. I have so many new outfits that I'm really excited to blog about. Until next time lovies.

Hat: Thrifted
Sunnies: Target
Dress: Dots
Belt: Thrifted
Boots: Dots
Bracelets: Claire's
Ring: First Thursday
Necklace: Ohemgeeboutiqes

xoxo