Monday, March 24, 2014

and it was all yellow...

It's Monday once again... I can't believe the weekend has come and gone already. Spring is "officially" here and I'm so happy to see all the beautiful wildflowers in Austin. Spring is such a magical time... everything is all abuzz. I have some exciting news to share as well! I applied and was accepted to participate in Pop Shop Houston's May show! I'm super stoked and nervous as well... this means I have to put on "my big girl panties" and drive myself to H-Town. Luckily the very sweet and talented Bri Ussery of The Good Hippie offered to let me tag along with her! I've also decided to take on a new business venture! I'm in the process of writing down my crochet patterns in hopes of having them published in the near future! Eeeeeeeep! In other news.... we've had a little bit of a stressful weekend here on the Hart farm. The five new baby chicks that we just got are not doing so well.... we are not quite sure what the cause of it is yet. I have to say it's been pretty stressful and disheartening to watch them suffer and not know how to help them. We've done everything we could think of to do for the lil' guys... now we just have to keep our fingers crossed in hopes that they pull through. I don't want to bum people out... no one likes to hear bad news on a bloggy.


These beautiful Mustard Plants have popped up in all the fields around our home. It's like a sea of yellow all over the Eastside of Austin. There are Bluebonnets and Indian Paintbrushs sprouting up as well. I decided for this occasion it was only appropriate to wear my yellow dress I purchased from Modcloth this last October. I'm still not ready to bare my arms yet so I bought this cream colored cardigan to go with it from Target the other day. One can never have too many cardigans! The neutral cream color will go with pretty much everything I own.


I just adore this Vintage Hat! I bought it some time ago in Ohio... it's been through a lot but it's still one of my favorites. 



I've been wearing gold jewlery lately. These bangles I bought in Ohio as well at a yard sale. I love finding neat little "treasures" don't you? 



These nude wedges are becoming a favorite of mine.... they go with pretty much
 everything I own.




I'm so looking forward to taking a day trip with my girlie's to Brenham, Texas here in the near future. Our friend Megan is pregnant with her first child and we plan on having a 
"mini maternity photo session" with all the gorgeous wildflowers! It's gonna be a lot of fun.... I can't wait to share the images that we capture with ya'll. Brenham, Texas is known for their Bluebonnets. There is also The Antique Rose Emporium located there as well. It should be a wonderful trip! 
Speaking of trips... the Mister and I have finally picked the dates for our beach get away! I'm so looking forward to laying out on the beach with him and our pups. I can't wait to see how Sophie takes to it. I do love Mustang Island and all it's charm. This Spring sure is promising! Has anyone else been planning any fun day trips or mini vacations as well? I would love to hear all about it... comments are always welcome here.

Dress: Modcloth
Cardigan: Target
Shoes: Target
Hat: Vintage
Bracelets: Yard Sale
Rings: H&M