Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hello Spring!

 Hiya! Spring is officially here and I'm loving every single minute of it! We've had so much rain the past few weeks that all the little wildflowers are starting to pop up! I love seeing Texas wildflowers in fields off to the side of the road. All the Bluebonnet's and Indian Blanket's are peeking their heads out to say "Hello!" It's my favorite time of the year in Austin... before it gets scorching hot and everything is fresh and new.  I'm playing around with a little app I got a while ago called "Afterlight". I just love it. I may have gotten carried away with the faux light leaks... back in my hayday I used to have to tape up my plastic Holga in hopes of preventing this from happening. Oh how things have changed! I was going for a "vintage inspired" vibe. I found this little frock at my favorite thrift store Texas Thrift located on the eastside of Austin. I love that place... it's truly a hidden gem. It's a little stressful going there sometimes because it can be super crowded and their are always screaming babies running around unattended. I like to pop in my ear buds and crank up the music to drown out the background noise. 
I went just the other day and scored an awesome vintage pastel dress that looks like a creamsicle. I also found and purchased my first vintage Pyrex bowl. I'm super proud of that! 


As you can see things are really starting to "green up" around here. I can't help but smile when I walk outside. Spring is so magical... everything starts to come alive again. 


My milkmaid braids are a little sloppy. What can I say? I'm a little rusty and have been out of practice since the ol' haircut of 2013. It's finally long enough that I can braid it.... but only if I use no less than 
a bazillion bobby pins. The Mister can tell you how annoying it is to find bobby pins scattered throughout our house. It's cute, easy and helps to beat the heat on those hot summer days. 


I love wearing these white ruffly socks with my shoes in the summer. I'm not gonna lie.... I get a ton of disgusted looks when I wear them. Especially from women. I really don't understand what the big deal is? Why do people care so much... is it because technically I'm too old to be wearing them? Or they think I'm "trying too hard" or something? I just have to take it with a grain of salt. Haters gonna hate. The only thing that matters is that I like them and they are here to stay.


I started to wear earrings again too.... which is a big step for me. I broke these little bobbles out to go with my dress. The Mister approved and stated that they resemble Neptune. 


I adore these yellow wedges I purchased from Kohls last year. Yellow is a happy color... I especially love mustard yellow. I like to "mix it up" and add a "pop of color" to the ol' wardrobe and I think these are a nice nod to the climate change..... socks and all. 

Dress: Thrifted
Socks: Target
 (yup they're from the little girls section)
Wedges: Kohls
Belt: Thrifted