Monday, March 3, 2014

Patio envy.....

Happy Monday everyone! Today I want to talk about Porch's and Patio's. As you all know I'm super excited for Spring to be here. Springtime to me is a time to spend outdoors either in the backyard garden or on the porch with the one's you love. I have been day dreaming all winter about our screened in porch that the Mister and I have been working on so hard recently. It's been a "work in progress" these last few years. First the Husbear had the extremely hard task of actually screening in the porch. When we purchased our home there was a side porch with a over hang just screaming to be utilized. So the Mister (being the handy man and Architect that he is) designed and hand built the porch all on his own. There were a few tears shed along the way.... but in the end we now have an awesome "chill" patio/screened in porch to relax and entertain guests. Over the last year or so we've found and bought a few items along the way to spruce it up a bit. We found a great deal on some palm plants and even found a few choice furniture pieces along the way! Slowly our screened in porch has turned into a lush little oasis full of succulents and hanging ferns. We are still moving and adding things here and there but it our happy place where we love to entertain guests. We like to call it "our little piece of heaven". I love to sit outside with the Mister and our pups and enjoy the beautiful Austin weather. At night we turn on our twinkly lights and enjoy a cool breeze.... it truly is amazing. With all this being said I thought I would share some patio and porch inspiration with ya'll. These are my top selections.... I love little bits and pieces from all these images. Hope this helps inspire you like it's inspired me for Spring!


This reminds me of our friends beach house near Mustang Island. We are truly blessed to have friends that are so generous as to lend us their vacation home every now and then. They have the best porch decorated just so. I love how beachy and whimsical it is.


This patio bar table is an affordable way to create an awesome space and entertain while staying within a certain budget. 

 
I'm loving these modern chairs that add a pop of color to a neutral setting.


Love the patio furniture..... if only it were free in real life.


Here's another view of the image above. I love how they put up wood paneling to create more privacy. I'm also a big fan of potted plants..... if I could I would have them everywhere!


The Mister and I have been talking about someday adding a permanent fire pit to the backyard. We love to entertain in the back and have cookouts during the summer.


I love the idea of having a gravel walkway. 


Hot tub? Why not......
 I think this is a great way to utilize small spaces. When the hot tubs not in use just cover it up with a rug. Bam!


I just adore whimsical breezy flowers everywhere. In the summer we attract a ton of butterflies.... it's truly magical.


Lastly, I'm digging this hammock and colored chairs. I'm a sucker for color and luckily we were gifted an awesome hammock just like this one! I hope you all have enjoyed this post of my favorite "Places and Spaces" via Pinterest. I'm super excited about our porch and hope to even share a few snap shots of our revamp! Hope you all are having a great work week so far. 
Follow me on Pinterest! 
xoxo
Taylor