Thursday, March 27, 2014

Life.... or something like it

I've been pretty stressed out lately... not to bum anybody out. Nobody likes to read a sob story... the truth is I should be a very happy girl. I have everything I've ever dreamed of... yet sometimes I just get a bad case of the blues. I really think weather has a lot to do with it. This whole week has been nothing but overcast, rainy days. This is great though! Texas needs as much rain as it can get and it's only making it better for those beautiful wildflowers to Spring up and bloom. The past week I've had some sleep issues as well which really takes a toll on me mentally and I physically get worn thin. I can fall asleep with the help of a sleeping aid but can't stay asleep. I wake up with anxiety and can't find anything to ease my mind. Let's just say I've been doing a lot of late night "Pinning" and have been catching up on some books that I've been meaning to finish. I wake up exhausted and run down. Seriously... sleep is precious to me and if I don't get at least 7 hours I'm not pleasant to be around. Everything in my life is just peachy though.... I don't have anything to complain about. I'm working out on a daily basis... eating healthy and have been achieving all my goals that I set for myself. I should be smiling but I just can't seem to for some reason. I'm hoping that this weekend the clouds will clear and the sun will come out and shine down on me. 


This pattern book that I've started to take on and write is really quite difficult. I'm finding that my patterns don't really make a whole lotta sense... I've been calling them "back alley patterns" because mathematically they don't add up. It leads to a lot of pain and frustration and then I just feel like giving up for the day. I should be producing more "product" for stores but I just can't seem to focus or concentrate on anything at all right now. 


I think this vacation that me and the Husbear are planning on taking is just the thing we need. Some rest and relaxation is key towards living a happy life. I love the beach and the sound of the ocean.... especially the seagulls. I miss seeing the dolphins chasing after boats and the various types of sandpipers we encounter. I need some "me time." Time to unwind from all the hub bub and commotion of daily life. I know the Mister needs it too.... poor guy always busting his hump for us. I appreciate all that he does for me and our beautiful home. 


In happier news my BFF just got engaged! You may know her... Amanda Bustamante of Nestled in Nostalgia said "yes" to her handsome boyfriend James Vick. I couldn't be happier for the two of them! The chicks are doing better as well! The Husbear and I are so relieved. We think we know the cause of what made them so sick. Apparently water had spilled in their little make shift cage and with the heat lamp being on mold grew on the bottom of the bin in a rapid amount of time. We think that the chicks may have eaten some mold on account of them having seizures and losing control of their balance. I feel so horrible just knowing that we may have cause this by spilling water in their cage. We had no idea that mold had taken over as we clean out their cage on a regular basis. It grew extremely fast!! We immediately cleaned out their cage and changed their food and water in hopes that they would get better. They have regained control of their motor skills and have ceased having seizures. Two of the little guys are still very weak and have "splayed legs". We are hoping to correct this condition and that they start the thrive. 


As you can see it was quite an overcast day but that didn't stop me from getting gussied up and having a mini photo shoot with The Mister. Oh.... he wants me to inform everyone that he is the photographer behind all my fabulous photos. He is such a sweetheart helping me with my boggy! I do appreciate it ever so much. Other than that I think this about sums up my life right now. I'll be praying for sun this weekend! Hope everyone has had an awesome week. 



Dress: Thrifted
Cardigan: Target
Earrings: Old Navy
Shoes: Kohls

xoxo