Monday, March 31, 2014

Scarlet painted-cup

Happy Monday lovies!! This weekend was a pleasant one mostly spent at home with the Mister. The weather was just amazing then good ol' Monday rolls around and it's back to overcast and rainy. 
Le Sigh......
Unfortunately we lost two baby chicks this weekend as well. We really weren't surprised that it happened... they were very weak. It's not fun to wake up to find their little cold corpses in the bottom of the cage though... it breaks your heart a little. We buried them in our backyard among the other dead things. I swear, we have a mini Pet Cemetery back there. In happier news the sun was out and all the beautiful wildflowers of Texas are peeking their heads out of the ground. We have a vacant field behind our house that was just covered in Bluebonnet's (which is the State Flower) and these lovely Scarlet painted-cups. It was breath taking! Whenever I see a field full of flowers I'm always compeled to run through them or roll around in them. Maybe it's just the "romantic" in me. Either way it was a great excuse to break out my new floral dresses and flower crowns!! I mean where else is the best place to wear a flower crown than in a field full of flowers... duh! 



There were butterflies and bees buzzing all about. I love the sounds of Spring... all the birds start to come alive again and start to build their little nests. We also noticed that we started to hear crickets again at night... which to me is the best sound ever beside little peepers! Hopefully the frogs will come back again this Summer. We love to sleep with the windows open at night and fall asleep to the magical music of nature. It's truly the best and it has to be good for ones soul right?



The Mister and I welcome the bees and butterflies in our garden! We love them... the little honey bees are so friendly and non aggressive. They love our Passion Vine that we've been growing on our fence for years. It's the "happening place" in our backyard for the insects. The only bugs that we don't invite into our garden are the pesky little guys that eat up all our vegtables! No sir! We already had something nibble away our Mammoth Sunflower sprouts that we had planted. 



I saw these flower crowns at Renegade Craft Fair while I was there and ran over and promptly bought two! I purchased this orange and white one and one another with simple white daisies on it. You can get some for yourself here at Gardenhead. I see myself wearing them all Summer! It was just a "happy coincidence" that it matched perfectly with my dress and the Scarlet painted-cup's.


There are more wild flower images to come throughout the Spring so be prepared!! Have a lovely work week and I'll be seeing you all again right here on Wednesday.

Dress: Thrifted
Tank top: Target
Shoes: Target
Flower Crown: Gardenhead