Wednesday, April 23, 2014

April showers....

Oh hello there! I'm taking a break from all the nautical wear (although if I were on a beach it could appear as I'm wearing nautical clothing) to revisit this favorite old frock that the Mister bought me ages ago. I forgot all about it and re-discovered it in the back of my closet. It was like Christmas all over again!! Weeeeeeee! I have to say... I think that I styled it better here than I did in the last post I wore it with Mandy in Yoakum, Texas. I think my fashion sense has come along way since then but for the record it was balls hot that day in Yoakum and I couldn't do anything with my hair because I was sweating bullets. It was quite gross... but that's how it gets in Texas in the Summer. Sometimes it's impossible to look cute. It's still moderately cool here right now especially with all this rain we've been getting.... but you know what they say?? April showers bring May flowers and I'm so glad we are receiving some rain because I love me some spring flowers which are all over the place in Austin.  This gorgeous field is located right behind our home just up and over the hill. It makes for a wonderful setting. Now I truly understand what the expression "everything is all abuzz" means. There are honey bees and butterflies all over the place flying from blossom to blossom. Spring is such a magical time. 


I'm a big fan of polka dots. There is something so classic and timeless about them... it makes me think of those beautiful little 40's style dresses my Grandma used to wear back in her youth. You really can't go wrong with a print like this. The Husbear bought this for me a few years back for Christmas. He always does such a wonderful job of picking out dresses for me. He really has a knack for it.... it never ceases to amaze me. What a guy eh? He was pretty happy to see this old dress make an appearance again. 


I recently made a trip to my favorite local thrift store and stocked up on scarves for the Summer. They're so easy to wear and I think really eye catching as well. I'll have to make a few tutorials later on but I love playing around with different ways to style them. I especially love this scarf because it has tulips on it. Yay for flowers!



My new red cardi is also making another appearance again. I bought it specifically for my nautical themed vacation pics but I'm finding that it goes with pretty much everything. I'm quite happy with my purchase.










I just got my hair cut once again. I wanted even more layers added in and I also am planning on growing out my bangs and wanted to get them cut so they could be pushed to the side and grow out gracefully. I can't wait to show ya'll the shaggy layers soon!


My classic t-strapped shoes go great with this dress and the red card.


and...... a close up of my very fun colored pedicure! Weeeeeee! I've got so many ideas swirling around in my head for future outfit posts. I can't wait for the warmer weather to approach so the Mister and I can go to Lake Travis and visit the Blue Hole once again. This Spring is going to be jam packed with fun in the Sun! Does anyone have any special plans for their Spring? I would love to hear all about them and I just adore comments and try my best to respond to each and everyone of them! Eeeeep!

xoxo