Monday, April 21, 2014

The light house

Hello there everyone! How is everyone's work week going so far? I'm busy crocheting my little heart out in preparation for an upcoming show in early May. I'm pretty sure I already announced that I was going to be participating in Pop Shop Houston's show this Spring. I'm super excited and nervous about traveling but I'm pushing myself constantly to try new things even if I'm scared to do them. It seems like I'm living outside of my comfort zone on a daily basis right now.... which makes me a ball of anxiety but I'm always glad that I pushed myself in the end. This last weekend I actually had a little melt down just because I did so much. Some people don't really understand but I'm an introvert and for me to go out and do a lot of social interacting stresses me out. I'm fine around close people that I'm comfortable with but I rarely go out dancing or drinking with people because I just don't like the crowds and it's quite frankly not my idea of a good time. I pushed myself too far this weekend and ended up having a mini anxiety attack. I'm so glad the Husbear was there and knows just the right thing to do to make me feel better. I think I'm going to be staying in for quite awhile. This is one of my last vacation post in Port Aransas. It was fun but I'm glad to be back in Austin getting back into the grind. This is my last nautical outfit post. As you can see this last outfit is way more layer back and casual than my others. It was the end of the trip and things were winding down and I wanted to be comfortable. I'm still rockin' the scarf and red lipstick though!! 


There's only one Lighthouse in Port Aransas but it's now owned by a family that resides in it and it's not open to the public so I had to make due with this faux lighthouse in front of a souvenir shop. Ha! Did I fool you? It's pretty large and is there for photo ops.... so I thought "why not?" It worked out swell in the end. It was drizzling during the mini photo session... drizzling and rather cold. I'm glad I packed this button down from Old Navy originally intended for the Mister but he never wore it so it officially became mine. We joke around and call it my "smoking jacket" because well.... it kinda looks like an old mans smoking jacket




I'm so glad I tied my hair back because it was super windy as it always is by the beach. This bandanna is actually the Misters but I borrowed it for this occasion.


After the photo op we walked along Mustang Island and watched as people built professional sandcastles for a competition. It was relaxing not having the pups with us... it gave us the opportunity to look for seashells and take in the sights. Here's a fun little video of me romping around in the water. It was soooo cold!


                                         

xoxo

Sweat shirt: Old Navy
Tank: Old Navy
Skinnies: Forever 21
Sunnies: Target
Shoes: Payless
Bandanna: Hobby Lobby