Friday, April 4, 2014

Wild like wildflowers....

I saw this beautiful patch of wildflowers up the street and thought it would be a great opportunity to "showcase" my new dress that I purchased at Kohls by Lauren Conrad. Being short I hardly own any maxi dresses... they pretty much consume me and swallow me whole! Ha ha! However... it didn't stop me from buying this little frock. It was love at first sight and with a few minor alterations it was pretty much a match made in heaven. I'm still not comfortable baring my arms as of yet... especially because I'm so pale and fair skinned.... let's just say that they are my "problem area." I'm working on them though.... I'm pretty much working on my whole body and soul. I'm trying to change the way I think about myself. I've beat myself up for too long. I just finished reading "Bossy Pants" by Tina Fey and am currently reading "Is everyone hanging out with me?" by Mindy Kaling. I love them to death!! These two gals have such an awesome outlook on life... and talk about body image! I think they are both pretty darn comfortable in their own skin. I'm trying to aspire to be like that... I know my hangups are only my own and nobody else views me or is hypercritical of myself as I am. Sheesh! It only took me 33 years to finally start to "get it." It's gonna be a long journey. Ha!


This was a pretty disastrous photo shoot with the Mister and me. The wind was super intense making it hard to capture anything quite frankly. We ended up re-shooting the next day because almost everything was out of focus... apparently my dress was blowing around so much that the auto focus was getting "confused" shall we say.... on what to focus on.  


I'm not quite sure what type of wildflowers these are... they seem to sprout up every Spring in the same spot. If anyone has any clue... let me know. They are beautiful non the less. 


I'm also wearing handmade jewelry by one of my dear friends Bridget Cordova. I love her little creations.... especially this swallow bracelt. Everyone knows how much I adore birds... hence the tattoo. I'm also wearing her feather necklace. I thought they would look swell together and it pretty much went with the whole "whimsical theme."


I simply adore these new wedges from Target. I purchased them about a month ago and haven't taken them off since! They go with just about everything I own. In other exciting news.... the Mister and I are preparing to take a trip to Mustang Island here anyday! It's much needed... the poor Husbear has been working like a dawg these past few months and he really needs some R&R. I've been slapping on self tanner in preperation for this event. I've even bought a lovely new shade of nail laquer by Essie (for my beachy pedicure) and two new bathing suits! Eeeeep! I've also applied to be a new member of Flock Together! I thought "what the heck" and took a chance. We shall see if I make the cut. I am also co-hosting this coming Monday with the fabulous Bri of Peacoats and Plaid. It's my first time co-hosing a link up and I'm super excited! I hope to meet a ton of talented bloggers and crafty ladies. There are many new and exciting ventures on the horizon!
xoxo

Dress: Kohls (Lauren Conrad)
Cardi: Old Navy
Shoes: Target
Jewelry: Bridget Cordova