Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Ahoy there!!

Ahoy!! We're back from the Beach. Weeeeeeeeee! The Mister and I drove back in early Monday morning... we decided to pack things up earlier than planned on account of the weather. It pretty much rained and was gloomy the whole time we were there. That didn't stop me from dressing up and doing a few mini photo sessions though! Ha! It was super windy the first day we got there.... I'm glad I decided to wear my hear up. The wind was so strong that it made it completely unbearable to stay at the beach. The wind was literally kicking up sand into our eyes. Ouch! I looked down at our pups (Sophie and Lucy) and they looked miserable. We managed to snap a few images.... as you can see the sun was in and out of the clouds until it finally decided to go away all together. 


A rare occasion when we actually saw the sun.... it lasted all of 5 minutes. 


I love the sand dunes on Mustang Island. They are covered in the most beautiful aray of sea oats, cacti and other native plants. 



Okay... so I'm obsessed with scarves right now. Your gonna be seeing an assortment of them throughout the next few photo shoots. You'll be absolutely sick of them by the end. Ha ha! Oh... 
and red lipstick too! I'm trying different things lately and I decided that this vacation I was going all out Nautical. 


Bunny ears!!!


Wearing my "not so funtional" shoes. This was just for show.... I slipped these babies off and rolled up my skinnies to walk on the beach. I bought this Essie nail polish in "Bikini so teeny" especially for this occasion. I thought it would go just perfectly with all my nautical clothing. 


Sophie literally jumping for joy. It was her first time on a beach. Lucy wasn't having it... she is older and gets cold very fast.



The sun made another brief appearance so that the Mister and I could watch it set. This would be the end of the sun altogether for the rest of the trip.


With sand in our eyes we packed up the pups and headed home to cook dinner and drink some wine while watching 30 Rock. It was a good first day at the beach. 

Peplum shirt: Kohls
Skinnies: Forever 21
Shoes: Macy's
Scarf: Thrifted
Sunnies: Target
Rings: Forever 21