Monday, April 28, 2014

Enchanted little chapel...

This is officially my last Port Aransas post... I swear! I just had to share with everyone this magical little backyard chapel the Mister and I came across during our beach adventures. It's literally in someones backyard right behind the cutest little B&B. It has one of the most enchanted little stair cases and is surrounded by beach oats and agave plants. It's the most beautiful little chapel I ever did see. The Mister and I didn't get married in a church as neither one of us are religious by any means but if we were to get married in one this would be it! It was so adorable with only four tiny pews on the inside there was just enough room for about eight people and the Minister. 


Look at the beautiful pathway.... and the sweet little stain glass window! Ugh... this would be the perfect get away for any newlyweds. I assume the B&B would be where the honeymooners would stay. 



I just adore how the Chapel has white washed walls.... it looks similar to the old missions that the Spaniards built back in the day.


The sea oats are so beautiful blowing in the wind and it's right off the beach. Just a quick walk over the hill and your on Mustang Island.




Unfortunately, I think by code they had to put in this railing. It doesn't really match the style of the chapel but I'm sure whomever owns the chapel doesn't want to get sued if someone were to take a nasty spill down these stairs. I can see the salty sea air making the wood weather with time and it eventually blending in more with the landscape.



Sigh..... maybe for our ten year anniversary we can renew our wedding vows and do it here at this very chapel and I can wear a beautiful white dress again. A girl can dream can't she? Alright.... that's officially all my posts from our mini vacation to the very beachy Port Aransas, Texas. I hope you've all enjoyed my nautical inspired outfits and I promise I lay off the red lipstick now! Ha!

xoxo