Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Collective link up!!

Oh hi there! If this is your first time joining me on my blog then let me introduce myself... my name is Taylor Hart. This is a special post because it's my very first time participating as a co-host in The Collective link up! Yay! Let me tell you a little bit about myself. I'm originally from the Midwest but moved to Austin with the Mister and pups a little over 6 years ago now. I love living in Austin.. in fact I'm at the beach right now as we speak! The Mister and I love to take trips to the coast and Mustang Island is our favorite "chill spot." You'll be seeing a lot of nautical themed apparel in the next few outfit posts... hence the get up I'm wearing today. I thought "what the heck." I usually don't wear red lipstick all that much on the count of that I'm a skinny lipped white girl with pale skin but I'm trying get past my skinny lips and move forward and embrace change. Change is good. I live on the Eastside of Austin with the Mister on a big ol' backyard garden and chicken coop. Yup, we have chickens! We actually have three baby chicks that I'm about ready to introduce to everyone. Soon.... I'm the owner of my very own little crochet company called "Nothing but a Pigeon." I design and crochet faux taxidermy. I know.... it sounds creepy but it's in fact quite adorable. I sell in several local boutiques in Austin, Houston and my lovely home town of Columbus, Ohio. I've been pretty blessed with the opportunity to start my own business venture. It's still pretty young as I just left my full time almost 6 months ago. When I'm not crocheting my little heart out you'll find me selling at trade shows and blogging either here or for Pop Shop Houston. I'm a guest blogger for Pop Shop once or twice a month. It's a fun gig doing what I do. I love being able to work from home and spend time with our puppies Sophie and Lucy. I'm working on my newest business venture right now! I'm currently compiling my crochet patterns together in hopes of getting them published. A girl can only do so many trade shows... ya know what I mean? Anyhow... I'm so excited to be co-hosting with some very beautiful and talented ladies! This should be fun... squeeee! Here we go!


Welcome to THE monthly blog hop party! Every 1st Monday of the month, link up all of your social media and blogging accounts with us. If you're looking for your blogging tribe, this is it!

The Collective Monthly Social Blog Hop with Peacoats & Plaid


These guidelines are in place so that we can all have a successful experience with The Collective. Please do your best to abide by each one, there are only 2:

1. Follow the host and co-host's blogs: (first links in each list) If you leave a comment letting us know that you did and what method you are following with, we'll return the favor :) We greatly appreciate each and every one that does.

Your co-hosts this month are:
Ashley from Modernette
Sonya from Sea Salt and Caramel
Taylor from Nothing But a Pigeon
Autumn from Honeycomb & Co.

Interested in co-hosting? Send an email to peacoatsnplaid(at)gmail(dot)com

2. Get social: This hop is about creating community. Looking for your own blogging tribe? This is it. Visit as many blogs as you can and make sure you say hello!

The following are optional yet encouraged (they only help us all in the long run):

Grab a button: Using the code provided in the box, display the Collective button on your sidebar or wherever you list your link ups. The more people that do this, the more help there'll be to keep the popularity of the hop going.


Follow the host and co-hosts on social media: We are so grateful for your follow via social media. If you leave us a short message/post letting us know, we'll be sure to return the favor.

Spread the word about The Collective via social media: Pin, Tweet, post about it on Facebook, whatever you can do to help spread the word about The Collective and what it has done for your blog is awesome!
Let's get social :)