Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Blueberry breeze


I'm feeling especially happy this week I could just erupt like a mini volcano! This Summer has been by far the best Summer I've had in years! I'm getting into shape and feel mentally awesome... is that weird? Can I say mentally awesome, cause that's what it feels like. I've been "in the zone" recently with my creativity. I've made some really adorable new patterns and can't wait to show them off. On top of that an old college buddy contacted me about making a crochet piece for his set design on a new kids show called "The Shazzbots." I'm really excited about it... more on that later.


These two new items I purchased at my favorite local thrift store. I swear it's a gift... I've been blessed with the amazing ability to spot cool duds from a mile away. Ha! It also helps that this thrift store happens to be "off the beaten path" as they say.... anyhow, I saw this cobalt blue gap blouse and had to have it. The skirt is a micro mini from Forever 21 and they just look perf together don't they. Like a match made in thrift store heaven!


The big hair is back and the bangs are parted in the middle like Moses parted the Red Sea.... swoon! I seriously have an itch to cut my bangs but I'll try to resist the urge. Sometimes it's so hard and I get super frustrated because I can't put them back yet. Almost... there... not quite yet.


Fun things are a brewin' this weekend. There is a possible pool party at a friends house (whom I haven't seen in like forever), there is also a very fun karaoke night planned. Whew! The Mister and I also plan on heading out to our favorite watering hole "The Blue Hole" again this weekend. We had so much fun last Sunday that we swore we would come back again and be really prepared this time with floats, a cooler, towels, ya know.... the works! 


That's about all the news in my little corner of the world. What fun things do you all have planned for this Summer? I'd love to hear all about them. Comments are always welcome. Yay!

xoxo

Blouse: Gap (thrifted)
Skirt: Forever 21 (thrifted)
Sunnies: Target
Earrings: Stitch and Stone
Shoes: Macy's