Monday, July 14, 2014

small goals, Big dreams


Well hello there my lovies! I had the best weekend ever... I'll go ahead and tell you all about it. It was low key, relaxing and fun. The Mister and I didn't hardly do anything at all... which was amazing. I love it when we make plans to make no plans at all... we haven't had a weekend like that in forever. I did manage to squeeze in a few mini photo sessions with the Mister though, but we made it really quick. I bought this dress a few months ago on a whim... it was at the thrift store and I usually don't wear that much orange or that much of a floral print at the same time but I was oddly attracted to it. As I've stated before I'm trying new things lately... such as more color, bigger and bolder accessories, bigger hair... what have you. So I picked it up and promptly purchased it without even trying it on. I figured I could just throw on a big belt to cinch in the waist and voila... I was right and it was totally worth the $7 dollars I paid for it. I'm also wearing (if you look really closely) some beautiful jewelry by Michele of Stitch and Stone (a lovely local Austin jeweler). I followed my heart and ended up with this darling little tear drop necklace (orange) and some beautiful drop earrings (also orange). I made Michele a sweet little crochet Deer for her Nursery and in exchange I got several pieces of her work. I love trading with people but my trading days have come to an end sadly... it's time I need to really crack down and try to earn some money. I do love all the exchanges (with other artisans) that I have made over the years but it's just gotten to be too much and I need to set myself some rules.


My bangs have finally reached a point in there "growing out process" where I can wear them parted in the middle. I no longer have to brush them over to one side... I have options now and I love the look of them parted in the center. It's been years.... like maybe 10 or more since I've grown out my bangs. I've just always had them. Sometimes they were blunt and other years they've swooped to the side. I don't have a horrible forehead or anything... I've just always liked bangs but it's really hard in the summer here when it gets so hot your hair just sticks to the back of your neck and forehead. Yuck! Also, I've been jogging a lot again and I just would really love to not have to pin my bangs back. 


Speaking of jogging... I've managed to shed 2 more pounds.... which to some people may not seem like a BIG deal but to a tiny 5ft 3inch frame it makes all the difference. It feels good to actually see some more change. After I lost my first 10lbs I stopped and haven't budged... but now I've started to lose again. Losing has never felt so good! I'm slowly transforming into my "old self" once more. Also.... this is kinda a big deal to me... I went "hiking" for the first time in about 3 years since being ill. When I mean hiking I mean serious rock and hill hiking along the Greenbelt down by the Gus Fruh. It was hot and humid and The Mister and I ended up all hot and sticky in the end but it was worth it. I felt like it was a great accomplishment that I owed to myself. Yay!


Now it's back to my regular work week schedule... a jog in the morning and then crochet all day. I actually got a few orders on Etsy over the weekend so that's nice... I'm also crocheting a bunch for Austin Craft Riot's Summer Show coming up mid August. That's always a fun one. It's a two day event held at The Austin Music Hall. There will be yummy food trailers and a DJ. I love doing fun shows like these where I get to see all the old familiar faces and get to meet new and interesting crafters and people. They are exhausting but I enjoy them a bunch... plus I'll get to be with my dear friend Jodi Hooper of Art Genius (we always share a booth). 


In other fun news... my other crafty friend Lisa of feto soap and I applied to be extras for the hit TV show "Top Chef" on Bravo which is filming here in Austin. That means we would get to be all dressed up and eat awesome food and hang out while they are filming all day. I haven't heard anything back yet but it would be pretty neat if we got to taste some "top chef" food prepared by masters of the culinary world.


That's about all the exciting news going on in my little corner of the world right now... Hope everyone's weekend was just as special and fun as mine was. Feel free to leave a comment.. I do love to read them all. Oooooo! Also, I'm linking up with the Elizabeth from Delightfully Tacky
 (one of my favorite blogs) about acheiving your Goals. 


xoxo

Dress: Thrifted
Belt: Target
Cardigan: Francesca's
Shoes: Target
Jewelry: Stitch and Stone
Sunnies: Target
Lipstick: Wet & Wild