Monday, July 28, 2014

Pale in polka dots


Howdy! What a wonderful and productive weekend! I had so much fun with the Husbear... 
a little too much fun. Once again we ended up at The Blue Hole in Georgetown on Sunday but this time we came prepared. We packed two floaties (one of which exploded) and a good snack and some adult beverages. We also made an awesome little spot for ourselves with this cool Sun Tent that we purchased while we were on vacation at the Beach awhile back. The water was warm and the sun was hot and it was soooo relaxing just floating out there. I also got a chance to spruce up my book proposal and stained a HUGE shipment of plaques that I just received. That stain really does a number on me... I had to skip the Karaoke plans Saturday night because I killed too many brain cells already that day. I seriously need to invest in a mask to wear while working with it. Oui!


This polka dot sheer top is from Target which I purchased forever ago. I'm slowly being able to wear my old clothes once again... which feels amazing! The scale says I haven't lost anymore weight but my body shape has sure changed, especially in my mid section. I think I lost an inch from my waist! My bathing suit was a little loose around my stomach and I can clearly see my ribs and hip bones again. I missed them ever so much. I still have a lot of work to do on myself but it's been nice to wear a few old pieces of clothing from the past. I'm trying something a little more daring than I normally would with the black bra and sheer blouse but I like the way it looks. I see people rock black bras all the time and I never had enough guts to do it but I figured what the heck! You only live once right?


This lovely little guy visited us while we were taking photos. Butterflies and Hummingbirds love The Pride of Barbados. It's always nice to see little winged creatures flying around our plants near the window and front door. It always makes me smile. Yay for nature!


This awesome pleated skirt has a bit of a leather accent at the top around the waist... which I love. I also love that I scored it while thrifting at my favorite local thrift shop on the east side of town. I also found another fluffy black mini so I'm set on black skirts for awhile. The length of this one is just perfect on me. The other black skirt will have to make it's debut another time.....


Until then kittens.....

xoxo

Blouse: Target
Skirt: Thrifted
Shoes: Target
Sunnies: Target