Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Feelin' kinda mod


It's Hump Day guys! Yay! I'm double dipping with this photo shoot ya'll... if you don't already know I also am a contributing blogger of Flock Together. We are a group of awesome gals that share a common interest in fashion. What we do is swap clothes with one another and post about how we've styled the look. It's really fun and I've meet some amazing girlie's. This dress that I borrowed from Jana of small town, BIG SMILE is one of my favorites


The cut and color flattered me so much that I wanted to share this look with all my fellow fashionistas over in my little corner of the internet. I seriously wanted this dress for my very own but alas I had to say farewell to it and send it back to Canada. 


Of course I've got to be wearing my HUGE sunnies. My look wouldn't be complete without them. I loved this pair so much that I bought one pair in tortoise and one pair in black. Sunglasses are a must in Austin.


My favorite plant in our front yard "Bride of Barbados". 
It's so colorful it just makes me absolutely happy.


Knee socks are a fun accessory that I like to play around with. I have a whole sock drawer full of different colors as well as a crazy collection of tights. I'm addicted to tights... I think I have a pair in every color. Ha!


This darling little coin purse was bought by The Mister as a gift for me. He knows how much I adore owls. I have "a thing" for birds in general (hence the tattoos) but I especially love owls.


I'm looking forward to the weekend. My lady friend Lisa of feto soap and I have a little play date for Friday. I haven't seen Lisa in a month or so we should have a lot to chat about. We are actually going to the Mall. I usually don't go shopping at Mall's but I need to get new trainers for jogging. I haven't bought a pair of new sneakers in about 6 years and the one's I'm wearing now have no support and it's killing my knees and hips when I go jogging. It's time to fork over the big bucks for decent pair since I'm jogging almost everyday now. 


I think I'll hit up Sephora while I'm there too. I found this awesome face primer "that gal" by benefit and I absolutely love it. It's so amazing! I've been getting more into makeup over the last year and am having so much fun playing around with different looks. I love lipstick now! I used to shy away from it because my lips are on the thinner side but I've learned to "embrace my thin lips" and play up my other features. 


I'm addicted to faux eyelashes too. They are so much fun to wear and now that I actually know how to apply them without creating a huge mess it makes the experience much more enjoyable. I used to be so bad at it but I've had practice and you know what they say? I still haven't mastered the "cat eye" yet though. Someday.....


In the meantime I'm enjoying playing "dress up" with my big hair and bright lipstick. 


Have a great work week kittens! I'll be crocheting my little heart out over at my casa and waiting on the edge of my seat in response to my book proposel. Eeeeeeep! I'll be back with another fun post on Friday. Behave yourselves my little lovelies.

xoxo

Dress: Borrowed from Jana 
Knee socks: Target
Coin Purse: Oh la la
Shoes: Macy's
Sunnies: Target
Earrings: Target