Thursday, July 3, 2014

I'll be your National Anthem...


Happy Independence Day lovies! I hope everyone has wonderful plans in store for them this Holiday weekend... I know I do. I've been crocheting my little heart out over here filling orders for the ol' business. It's been great! Now it's time for rest and relaxation and I'm seriously looking forward to it.


Our banana plants in our backyard have really taken off this Summer (as they usually do). I love walking outside and feeling like I'm in my own little private Oasis. It's so fun and feels tropical. The pups love it too. I decided to be daring and buy these cute little sailor shorts from wet seal. They were only a mere $10 dollars and I thought they looked cute on me.... so I thought "what the hell." I have to admit... I feel a tad bit uncomfortable in them but I should just be more accepting of the way I look. I shouldn't even be ashamed because I work out almost every single day and eat really healthy. Being healthy doesn't always mean being skinny and I have to learn to separate those two in my mind. The woe's of curves. Ha ha!


Do you like my huge chula hoops? I bought the biggest ones I could find at Claire's. I'm trying new things and I have to say as ridiculous (I got tangled in them a few times) as they are... I like them. They are totally fun in a ghetto way. 


I love our little tropical oasis. At the end of the Summer our banana plants always pops out mini nanners! They are so cute but totally not edible.


Looks like it's time for a root touch up. Ha ha! I was thinking about going ombre... darker on top and a shade lighter on the bottom. I don't want to mess my hair up though... I've got such a good thing going with this red color I've got. What do you all think?


Well... I'm off to have a little cookout with some friends and family over at the "in laws" house. It's been awhile since I've seen them and my darling little nephews so I'm about due for a visit. It should be super fun but hopefully not too hot. What am I talking about? It's Texas!!! It'll be unbearably hot for sure. Hope everyone has a safe and happy holiday and I'll catch ya'll next week. Weeeee!

xoxo

Shorts: West Seal
Top: Old Navy
Cardi: Target
Shoes: Macy's
Jewelry: Claire's
Sunnies: Target