Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Summer time sadness....


Oh Hi! I'm super stoked about this little vintage number I found last weekend while I was at my favorite local thrift store. I couldn't believe it... I still can't. It's like a dream come true and it's mine... all mine! I was worried about some rather mysterious stains that it had on it... but they came right out. It's a "vintage medium" which basically means it's a small... but I managed to squeeze into it. 


I've been listening to a ton of Lana Del Ray lately (hence the title of my post) .... maybe that's why I chose to wear my hair so big. I've also been obsessed with 60's and 70's retro style as well... I can't get enough of knee socks and bouffants. 


Check out the detail in this dress! The colors are so vibrant and who would have thought orange and pink would compliment each other so well. I'm just beside myself with joy.


I must admit it took a lot of work to get my hair this big... I used a whole can of hair spray I swear. It was fun and totally worth it in the end. What can I say.... I love to play dress up.


I have some very fun outfit posts coming up here soon... I've been experimenting more and more with my style and I'm really liking what I see. I feel like my style just keeps getting better and better... is that conceded to say? I should be able to feel a little proud of myself and the way I'm turing out right??? I mean I have been working super hard on myself (eating right and exercising). I feel so good about myself lately... I guess this is what self confidence is. Ha! Is that what this feeling is? Wow.... let me stop myself right there. Well... I'm off to go on my daily jog and come back home to crochet and fill some more orders on Etsy. Yay for work! Hope everyone is settling into their work week. It's going to be a fun weekend with the 4th of July coming up and all. 

xoxo

Dress: Thrifted 
Knee Socks: Target
Sunnies: Target