Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Put a Bow on it


Happy Hump Day! It's official.... well almost. 
I've finally submitted a proposal to a publishing company 
about possibly getting my crochet taxidermy book made. Gah! Can you believe it. I've been putting it off for so long but I finally got up enough courage to just do it. I'm really nervous about it but what's the worst that can happen? I just have to go for it and see what comes of it.... ya know? I've never written a proposal before and I have to admit it was pretty informal. They wanted it submitted through e-mail and only required certain bits of information and some links to view my work. It can take up to two months for them to contact me because of the high volume of submissions they receive so it's going to be a waiting game now. Eeeeeep! We shall see.... wish me luck!!!


On another topic... I found this fun blouse at my local thrift store that I frequent. I've been scoring tons of fun pieces there lately. I have to say... I feel like I've been blessed with a gift from the Thrift Store Gods. I have a knack of finding awesome things. Don't be jealous. Ha! 


Still rockin' the BIG hair. I just can't help myself.... I feel more glamorous this way and it's oh so fun. It's really hard to look good in this hot, humid weather we've been having in Austin lately. I don't think it's ever been this muggy since the Mister and I have moved here years ago... but then again I don't think it's ever truly rained since we've lived here either. Ha! Seriously, Austin has been in a drought for like 7 years now! We need all the rain we can get and hopefully Lake Travis will fill back up again.


This black skirt has become my "go to" clothing piece now. The cut and material flatter my hour glass figure so well.... and it goes with pretty much everything. It's been pretty handy and it was a mere $6 dollars from Forever 21! You can't beat that with a stick.


I've been sticking to the front porch for pictures on account of the heat so you'll be seeing this turquoise background a lot. I don't mind it... I quite like the bold color as my back drop. The Mister and I have some exciting projects that we have planned for this Summer. It's all about fixing up the house and making it a nicer place for us to live. We are really working on sprucing up our screened in porch because that's where we spend the majority of our time in the Summer. Matt got some re-claimed wood from a job site that he's been working on and we plan on making an adirondack bench for the patio. Yay! We already have two bright orange adirondack chairs but we want a couple's bench to set across from the chairs. It'll be nice when we entertain guests.


The Husbear also found some time in his busy schedule to replace our kitchen lights with two sputnik chandlers!! They look amazing and really have that mid century, modern vibe that we love so much. I can't wait for people to see them! If you follow me on Instagram then you've already had a sneak peek. He actually bought them a long time ago and was planning on putting them in another room but we finally decided to hang them over the kitchen bar and I'm so glad we did! I love it when we get projects done and get to check them off the ol' "to do" list.


Besides working on the house... I'm still working on myself. I've been exercising and eating clean religiously! I think some people just have to work at it extra hard in order to see or feel a difference. Slowly... I'll get to where I wanna be. For now... I'm already feeling better. That's the goal! I actually love my morning jog... it gives me a chance to clear my mind and it's fun to see all the little lizards running around back and forth on the trails. I love this time of year when the sound of the cicadas are all around you and the dragonflies hover just over the tall grass in the summer heat.


Thanks for stopping by my little ol' bloggy. Looking forward to the weekend already! 

xoxo

Blouse: Thrifted
Skirt: Forever 21
Sunnies: Target
Shoes: Target
Headband: Found (seriously... I just found it)
Earrings: Old Navy