Sunday, July 6, 2014

big hair... don't care


Hey there kittens! How was every one's 4th of July weekend? Mine was fantastic and memorable. I got to spend time with my sweet nephews Ben & Max and sit and visit with my in laws. It was nice to catch up with them as it's been too long. It's funny.. we live in the same city but it's just so dang hard to find time out of our busy schedules to get together. Life just happens and you get "caught up" in the daily hub bub of things I suppose. We also had a little bonus... on top of seeing my brother and sister in law and their sweet children we got to see some dear old friends that we haven't hung out with in years. Literally.... years! Melissa and Mark Gates (that used to live in A-Town) retired early and moved to Panama and lived in the Mountains for a few years and have now decided to move back and just travel 3 months out of the year... which I'm sure is much more convenient. They missed the States and we all missed them. So yea for all of us! 


I also got a surprise Saturday night when I discovered my little cousin Sarah and her new husband Romy were both in San Antonio... which is a hop skip and a jump away from us. I had to miss her wedding but couldn't miss the opportunity to meet up with them and have some good ol' fashioned Tex Mex. So the Husbear and I jumped in the car and headed to San Antonio. What a sweet weekend indeed! Pictures to follow...


We also went to a very bitter sweet memorial for a dear friend of Matt's. Our friend Lynn lost her battle to MS a few months ago and her whole family, including a ton of friends got together on July 5th to celebrate her life. She really was a remarkable woman... she lived life to the fullest. She was such a kind and gentle person. I aspire to live my life as she did with and open heart and just be a "good person". I really don't know how else to put it.... she was just such a good person at heart. We can all learn a lesson from the Lynn's of the world. 


I'm really excited about this outfit post. I've been doing my hair up real big (when I have the chance)... I rather like it. It does take a lot of hairspray and back combing so I don't do it often. I'm obsessed with women's hairstyles of the 60's and 70's right now... I think I've been watching a little too much "Mad Men". What can I say... I likes what I likes.


This top I purchased from a local thrift store. It was so crazy and tropical I just had too buy it. The busier the better! It's Austin and I think anything goes here.


I've been wearing a bunch of ghetto fabulous jewelry lately too. I like to play around and switch things up a bit. It's all in good fun.


I can't wait to read and hear all about everyones Holiday weekend. I'm sure there will be a bunch of fun and colorful post come this Monday morning. 

xoxo

Top: Thrifted
Skinny Jeans: XX!
Shoes: Target
Belt: Target
Sunnies: Target
Jewelry: Target and XXI