Monday, February 17, 2014

Liebster time!


So I was recently nominated by the cute and Oh so adorable blog duo Katie and Amanda of June Bugs & Georgia Peaches! If you haven't checked out their blog by now... you are really missing out. These two girls are women after my own heart. They are book reading, vintage loving bottled redheads like myself so it's no wonder why I follow them avidly. So basically the rules of the game go like this: You get nominated (yipppeeee)... answer the following questions (and try to add in some images to spice it up a bit). Then in return nominate 12 other bloggers and ask them 11 questions. I think that's how it goes....

1. What is your favourite non-fashion related hobby?
Gardening for sure! I love to dig in the dirt and spend time outdoors. I love watching things grow! It also is nice to harvest your own food and be self sustainable. It gives me and the Mister a sense of purpose.... and it impresses the hell out of people when they come over to your house and see your kick ass Garden! Ha! I actually have a special page on my bloggy dedicated to our garden. Check it out here. it's about time for us to start planning out our garden for this summer... we may get one more frost this February but then it'll be time.



2. If you had a super power, what would it be?
Geez.... I haven't really thought about this all that much. Um, I guess I'd have to say I'd like to have the gift of "self healing". That would be pretty cool... since I'm so clumsy it would really come in handy. Ha!

3. What is your favourite place that you have ever visited?
Gosh, I really enjoyed camping on the Beach in South Carolina with The Husbear. That was so long ago and before we were married. It was a beautiful State Park called Hunting Island located in Beaufort South Carolina. We camped underneath wonderful pine trees and hung out on the beach under palm trees and there were some beautiful old plantation homes with huge oak trees with spanish moss hanging from the limbs. It was the most relaxing place with friendly people that spoke Gullah! No joke...it was amazing to hear. The friendliest people you'd ever meet!!
4. What is your favourite thing about yourself? 
This is a tough one.... if we're talking "physically" I'd have to say my cleft chin. It's pretty cool if you ask me....
I have the awesome pleasure of inheriting this trait from my Mom. It's actually a defect in fetal development.... caused by the incomplete fusion of the jaw bone or jaw muscle during growth. Yikes right? Well, it looks cute. If your talking personality.... I'd go with my dry sense of humour. My ability to make people laugh in uncanny. Seriously..... I'm funny. Check out my chin!


5. Do you have any pets? If yes, what are they?
Yes! I loves animals... I have two dogs. Lucy is the oldest. She is going to be 11 this summer. She is my #1 baby and I love her to death. She is a tiny ass Min Pin. When I say tiny .... that means she is 6 lbs of love. Sophie is my #2 baby. She is a red Dachshund mix. She is a little bit harder to love sometimes... but she's a puppy still. They estimated her to be about 6 months when we adopted her. Not sure when her actual doggy birthday is but she's probably a year old about now. We also have 3 chickens. I consider them our pets...we love them and eat their eggs but we would never eat them unless there was a zombie apocalypse. We named them Betty, Lola and Molly.


Sophie


Molly and Lola (Betty not shown)


Lucy asleep on the Beach.

6. What is your favourite makeup product?
I'm gonna go with just your standard liquid foundation. My skin is very uneven and blotchy so to look normal I have to at least wear foundation. That sounds horrible to say about myself .... but I wasn't blessed with perfect skin. I'm not brand loyal or anything... sometimes I just buy drug store makeup but when I'm feeling fancy I love Benefit. 
7. Do you have a hidden talent? What is it?
Hidden? Nope.... I like to flaunt my talents whenever possible. Ha ha!

8. What is your favourite piece of clothing?
I'm a dress lovin' type of gal. I actually find dresses to be more comfy than pants. It's also a heck of a lot easier to just throw on a dress and go and not have to think too hard about matching things up. I have a few dresses that The Mister has bought me from my favorite Boutique SoLa. They are sentimental to me and I adore him for picking them out. He has a knack for choosing dresses that compliment my frame. In general I love short dresses with long sleeves... I feel super comfortable in them and don't mined showing off my gams. I've never felt more beautiful than I did in one of my "what I wore" posts called Fist full of Flowers. I found this little frock at a thrift store... it was meant to be.

9. If you could go back in time and attend a party (think Cinderella), whose party would it be?
I think I would go back in time to nineteenth century England and go to a Ball with Mr. Darcy. What can I say..... I'm a cheese dick. I adore Jane Austin Novels and Pride and Prejudice is one of my favorites!

10. If you could erase one fashion faux-pas from your teenage years, what would it be?
Remember those horrible pleated acid washed jean shorts in the early 90's? Imagine those on a chubby pre- pubescent awkward girl. That's all the visual you'll need. I think I tried to burn all those images from my childhood and memory. Ugh.....
11. Favourite book or author?
Whelp... you know that one of my favorite Authors in Jane Austen. Love all her books..... I'm a hopeless romantic at heart. One favorite book is "Cold Mountain" by  Charles Frazier. It's beautifully written and the movie actually is good too. The book is always better though.... Emily Bronte comes to mind...Leo Tolstoy, Vladimir Nabokov. "Lolita" is my all time favorite. People think I a sicko because I think it's romantic. Sorry! Sheesh.

That about wraps it up for my answers.... now to choose 1o lucky ladies. I'll have to think about whom to choose and the questions I will pepper them with. More on that later. Hope everyone is having a great week so far!
xoxo