Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Busy little bee.....

Howdy everyone! I've been a busy little bee lately.... which is good. I've been crocheting up a storm over here and sales are pretty steady on Etsy too! It's hard to believe that just four months ago I quit my full time city job to start up my own little crochet company. It's been an amazing adventure so far. I've met so many new and interesting people along the way. I joined forces with Austin Craft Riot and started blogging for Pop Shop Houston in my spare time. I am truly blessed to have a Husbear that was so selfless.... as to allow me to quit my job to pursue my dreams. Four months ago.... when I turned in my "two week notice" I felt a huge weight lifted off my chest. Yes owning my own business is a struggle sometimes but my health and happiness are worth it. I feel great and by business is thriving as well. Since I work from home I also get the pleasure of spending time with our pups all day and tending to the garden and even catching up on some fun fashion posts on my bloggy. Speaking of my love of fashion check out this adorable green frock I scored at Texas Thrift! It was one of seven dresses I found one glorious afternoon in East Austin. The Thrift Store Gods were on my side that day! 


As you can see things are starting to turn green here in Austin! Yippppeeee! It feels like Spring and I'm so excited to be able to spend my weekends outdoors with The Mister and the pups. We are planning our Summer Garden already and have even planted a few Heirloom tomatoes. More on that later! 


I've been trying to mix up my wardrobe lately by wearing different shoes. I'm a boot gal but I don't want to keep wearing the "same old thing" over and over again. I appreciate a good flat in my life. Ha!
I purchased these studded flats with Anna one beautiful afternoon last Summer at Strut in San Marcos. 
I do love Strut... they are one of my favorite local boutiques. The ring is new too! 
I purchased this Native Indian Head ring at Francessca's... another of my favorite hidden gems.


The black blazer is by Lauren Conrad available at Kohl's. Yup... her clothing line is super cute and she has some really awesome "basics" like this black blazer that you can pair with everything!


A close up of my new hairs! Ha ha! I just got my hair cut a week ago and it feels so much better. I took a few inches off (much needed) and added tons of layers. Now my hair actually has some shape to it. This was a good hair day.....


Woosh!

I'm super stoked because I have all my posts planned out for the next few months and they are packed full of fun! I can't wait to share them with everyone... this Summer is going to be full of wonderful adventures. If you wanna stay updated on new patterns and projects I'm working on follow along on Instagram. Hope everyone's week is going great so far! 

xoxo

Dress: Thrifted
Blazer: Kohl's
Shoes: Strut
Ring: Francessca's