Tuesday, February 11, 2014

The hair cut.....

Oh hello! So I thought I would show off my new hair do.... It may not look like I got that much chopped off but it sure feels a lot lighter now! I didn't take more than and inch or two off the length but got some major layers now. I love it! Sometimes a girl just needs a new look... spruce it up a bit. 
Make it new! I needed a wee bit of a change since everything else in my life is changing... why not? 
What is changing you say?? I am.... or feel as though my life is shifting in a more positive way at least. 
I'm changing the way I view the world.... the way I view myself... my friends and family. I don't want to stand still or be silent anymore. It's a little scary but I consider it self development. I'm taking care of me now.... my physical health as well as mental health. Some people may think it selfish or uncaring but I'm learning to care less about what other people think. Wow... right!?! Trust me, it's necessary sometimes. I just want to be happy and surround myself with people that truly care about who I am as a person and value me as an individual. I'm learning to trust my feelings a little bit more everyday.  


Coco Channel once said: "A woman who cuts her hair is about to change her life."
She also said: "I don't care what you think about me. I don't think about you at all."
Smart woman!


Thought I would break out my old pink blouse that I got from the thrift store years ago.... it's almost Valentine's Day and it seemed appropriate. I'm also showing of my pink mani and my adorable new ring I purchased from The Gem Junkie. It's a skull cameo ring. I like a little bit of darkness to balance my pink sweetness. Ha!



I'm so looking forward to this Spring and Summer! This cold, drab weather can really get a girl down. I plan on spending as much time as I can this summer outside enjoying the world. I can't wait to get out on Lake Travis and tube down the Guadalupe with Matt. Or to lay out at Barton Springs and soak up the Sun's warm rays. I'm actually looking forward to bathing suit season this year! Can you believe it?!? I'm also looking forward to taking a trip back to Ohio for a very dear friends wedding. It's going to be good to see some old friendly faces. There is a lot to look forward to this year! 
xoxo