Monday, January 6, 2014

Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice! Beetlejuice!


I love this crazy striped dress I found at Target. At first glance I thought it was pretty ugly but then I realized it's true beauty. Ha ha! I knew the shape and cut would flatter me but I wasn't sold on the bold black and white stripes. I originally saw it back in October and wanted to buy it for Halloween and go as the female version of Michael Keaton's character Beetlejuice. That still may happen. I passed on it and totally forgot all about it till I re-discovered it in the sale section. One left and it was just my size and only 8 dollars! Eeeeep! It was meant to be. Sure it was missing the belt but that wasn't a problem...I have a plethora of skinny belts at home. 


So I bought it... and I'm glad I did because it looks amazing on me and is so comfy. I'm a dress gal at heart. I don't like to fuss around and think to much about what matches what. A dress.... you just slap on and go. 


I don't like to be too matchy matchy so I paired this bold dress with some electric yellow tights..... then I remembered I had this necklace laying around that I never wear and voila! 


The grass looked like ocean waves on this day. The wind has been working it's magic once again. One of my new 2014's very grown up goals is to enjoy the little things. I think this falls into that category don't you?


These geometric rings I bought at XXI. I love them because they are "stack able"but I like to wear them on separate fingers every now and then.


It was such a gorgeous day in Austin. Cold but beautiful. 
I used the app that I purchased through A Beautiful Mess... one of my all time favorite blogs.


I'm so happy I'm feeling better and am getting back into posting my "daily wear" looks again. It really does bring me joy to play dress up. I love to experiment with different looks and makeup. My hair is finally growing out again. (don't ever decide to cut our hair when you are mad) It's a little bit past my shoulders now and I'm super excited about being able to wear milkmaid braids again. I'm really happy about my new kooky addition to my wardrobe. I love taking fashion risks and applaud those that do. What fashion risks have you taken lately? I would love to hear all about them.

xoxo

Dress: Target
Necklace: Target
Bow: Target
Belt: Target 
Tights: Target
Rings: XXI 
Nail Color: rise & shine by Sinful Color
Shoes: Target

Peacoats & Plaid