Sunday, January 5, 2014

The 2013 Armadillo Christmas Bazaar

This was a first time for me going to The Armadillo Art Bazaar. I've heard so much about it from so many people... I couldn't wait to experience it for myself. My good friend Lisa of feto soap joined me in the festivities. This post is way overdue.... it took me awhile to find some time to sit down and go through my pictures and edit my favorite ones from the show. I wanted to make sure I had all my information correct because it's important to give credit to these fabulous artists. Here are my favorite's in random order. Enjoy!




I love these very clever and whimsical little guys all the way from Illinois by S.D. Meadows Folk Art Gallery. Check them out on Facebook here.


I seriously wish I snapped more photo's of Industry Print Shop's booth.  It got super crowded and there's a good reason why.... Tony Diaz (creator and owner) has the most amazing work. You can follow along on Instagram as well @industryprintshop.



The very cute and sweet couple Hannah Dreiss & Nemo. Hannah creates Upcycled Aluminum Can Kinetic Mosaics and Nemo is a Graphique Couture artist. He creates drawing from freehand circles and spirals..... super detailed art! My Craft Riot friend Manue of Pretty Kiku just bought a print by Nemo of some very beautiful Koi Fish.


You almost can't go anywhere in Austin without seeing Rory Skagen's work. If you're not from Austin or just visiting you probably snapped a picture of one of Rory's Murals around town. He is a well known artist in the community and has participated in The Blue Genie Art Bazaar and The Armadillo Christmas Bazaar for some time now. These are just some fun toys that he puts out... you should really check out his paintings to get the full effect.



I'm pretty familiar with Curious Customs. I've seen these guys around in The Blue Genie Art Bazaar before as well as The Cherrywood Art Fair. I just adore their cloud sconce. It will be mine. Oh yes..... it will be mine.





Moving on to the adorable Latika Soap! I want them all! Not only are they cute but they smell divine. I'm eventually going to be purchasing the macaron soaps but also the lemon bar soap! Eeeeeep!


Check out these cool shoes! Made by Mark and Cody Carter. Kool Shoos.



I talked for a bit to Nicole Long about her Dioramas. They are packed full of color, glitter and wee little cute things that made me squee!


Moving along I came across Lisa Crowder's fun cloud earrings and bracelet! Lisa is very delightful to chat with by the way. I seriously wish I could wear earrings.... my skin just decided that it's not gonna happen anymore. I adore her handy work (metal smith)  and see a purchase happening in the near future! Lisa also participated in The Blue Genie Art Bazaar.


Little plushie's make me smile....what can I say. Just look at those cute little black eye's looking back up at you. Plushie's by Planet Seymour & Amanda Michael.


This was a very fun booth indeed. Robo Roku is one of my all time fav's. They also have a cute and a button bloggy.


Gingervitis! Ha! Get it?

After Lisa and I  worked our way around the whole Christmas Fair we made our way across the street to a new little cafe called El Alma Cafe y Cantina where we split an Nopales Salad (pickled Cacti). It was delicious and the cafe was adorable. It was a great day full of new and interesting art and a lot of laughs. 

xoxo
Peacoats & Plaid