Sunday, January 26, 2014

Crash course in sewing continued....

Here's some fun photo's Lisa and I snapped at The Stitch Lab while learning the basics (crash course) of sewing and creating our first Tote! Turns out I need to invest in a better sewing machine.... mine crapped out on me as I was sewing the handles for my bag. Ha!


Lisa helped me choose my fabric. The Tote is reversible so on one side I have foxes, deer and squirrels and the other is brown wood grain. Lisa went with a muted grey wood grain and a solid grey for her tote seen below.


Here's a close up of me sewing away... well trying to at least. This cool strong but little magnet helps you stay on track. 


Here's my inside lining and outside all complete... now to sew the straps!



Adding the pocket. My first mistake... making sure I sew the pattern on the pocket right side up. Lol.


Here I am "birthing" my Tote lining. Thanks for snapping this image Lisa!



This image cracks me up. I've got major "duck face" going on. Our awesome instructor Niku snapped this one for us. I can't wait to go back and take the oil cloth class. This time I'll be renting a machine. (Don't buy a Singer Simple) 
It was a fun filled day and the 4 hour course was packed with information. 
Are there any projects that you all have been working on lately? I would love to hear about them.

xoxo