Saturday, January 4, 2014

2014 very grown up goals....


It's a new year and I'm already loving it! I'm so excited about life right now. The Husbear and I have never been better.... we decided (a little while before New Years Eve) that it was time to stop with our excuses and start to get into shape. We both slowed down on our drinking (big time) and are eating in moderation (I'm not gonna lie...I'm hungry all the time) and have started a daily fitness regime. Matt has already dropped 6 lbs! I on the other hand have only lost 2 lbs. Ha! Isn't that always the way it is? Oh well.... those 2 lbs that I lost have helped my skinny jeans fit better again. Less muffin top is always a good thing. I've also decided (need is more like it) to take some time to build up my stock again for my stores and future shows. It may take a month or so but it has to be done... I was left with very little heads when all the winter shows were all said and done. That's good! So now I must replenish my stores and try to write down my patterns along the way. As promised I'm sharing with you my very grown up goals for 2014. Here they are in random order with a little explanation for each one.

1. Don't sweat the small stuff. 
I can't tell you how many countless hours/days that I have lost worrying and stressing about things that are out of my control and that aren't worth a second thought. It may be in my nature (or DNA) to worry and over analyze every little detail of an e-mail or conversation I had with someone to the point where I worry myself sick. It's not worth it and I'm seriously gonna try to squash this negative habit.
2. Enjoy the little things in life.
I need to take the time to "stop and smell the roses" as they say. It's the little moments in life that are precious that I tend to overlook. I want to look back and remember these little tidbits of happiness.
3. Focus on the Positive.  
Like a lot of people in this world I tend to dwell on the negative things that have happened to me and that could possibly even happen to me in the future (that's right....I even for see negative things that haven't even come to be yet). Yikes... right? I seriously need to chill out. 
4. Stop dwelling on the past. 
Okay, so there are a ton of things that I wish I could go back in time and change...but I can't. Everybody has been screwed over in the past and would love to get sweet, sweet revenge. (Please tell me that this isn't just me) Letting go is hard.... but I don't want to hold myself back from an awesome future because I'm not ready to let go of the past. 
5. Care less.
I know what you're thinking.... this sounds super shitty right? Well, I guess it's gonna have to be that way in order for me to move on and live my life. I care a lot... a little too much to the point that it makes my stomach hurt. Sometimes I get upset because no matter how hard I fight for something or no matter how hard I struggle with an issue... there just simply is no use. I can't control how people act. I can only control how I react about a situation. Sometimes caring just a tad bit less makes it possible to go to sleep at night. Whew! That was long winded.
6. Dream Big.
I have to say that in the past year I have grown up a lot. I have taken some huge risks and they have paid off. Risks are worth it even if you fail. I always want to make sure to set goals for my future.... big goals. Goals are great! I have many BIG dreams for 2014 and it's gonna take a lot of work to make them come true but it'll be a BIG deal when I achieve them. 

What are some of your grown up goals for 2014? 
I would love to hear them.... comments are always welcome here!
xoxo