Thursday, January 23, 2014

Orange you glad to see me?


A lot has been going on in my little corner of the world lately. I've been spending a ton of time on "working on myself". It's much needed self improvement. I'm giving myself a makeover.... inside and out. After 3 years of uncontrolled seizures and severe headaches I haven't been able to really focus on working out and treating my body right. I know I talk about this a bunch.... but 3 years is a huge chunk of my life! Well since I found the source of what was ailing me (my job) I have since then made huge positive changes in my life. The first step was quiting my job because it was making me sick. No joke! My job was stressing me out to the point that I was having multiple seizures throughout the day. Stress can really do a number on your body... heck it can kill you. High blood pressure, heart attacks, you name it. Since then I haven't had one seizure to this day. I started eating better and adding a workout routine to my everyday life..... which includes a lot of dog walking. I'm not on any type of medication whatsoever now and am doing just fine. The walking and being "out and about" in the sun help a bunch. 


I lost a few pounds just by cutting out alcohol and eating the proper portions. I'm not gonna lie.... I'm hungry pretty much all the time. It's working though and I realize that I don't have to "feel full" all the time. It's okay to be a little hungry and empty. I've also joined My Fitness Pal which is a free app that's a lot like Weight Watchers. I didn't have any luck with WW the second time around. They changed their whole point system and I just couldn't get motivated. My Fitness Pal counts calories instead of points.... so no more 0 point veggies or fruit! Everything has calories and little old me only gets 1,200 for my height and weight. It's not much at all but it really helps me look at what I'm putting into my body. Portion control was a big factor that I was having issues with. What can I say.... I love food. I joined My Fitness pal this past Monday and here we are on Thursday and I've already lost 3 lbs! I've been coming in under my calorie intake for the day because I've been working out and eating Progresso soup (WW approved) and basically all salad with little to no dressing and steamed veggies. Not really exciting but you know what is exciting??? Watching my pant size go down! 


This dress is one of my very awesome thrift store finds. I love baby doll dresses because they fit and flatter me just right. I'm a shorty so baby doll dresses aren't really baby doll dresses on me. Ha! I wasn't expecting to like this dress as much as I did... I wasn't sure about the pattern at first but turns out it works on me. I'm a girlie girl and love the ruffles and the way it moves in the wind. I'm trying to be better about documenting my "daily wears" on a regular basis. I love fashion. Check out this cute bird cage necklace my sister in law Cindy gave to me for Christmas! Isn't it cute? Everyone knows I love birds. Put a bird on it! Lol. It was pretty chilly this day so I wore boots (big surprise) and a sweater. I can actually wear my wedding ring again. It was super embarrassing... I had gained so much weight that when I crocheted my fingers would swell up like little sausages and I couldn't get it on or off so I had to stop wearing it for the time being. Now that I've lost a few I can wear it again like a proper married woman! Ha ha.


There are a few other cool things going on besides getting in shape again.... 
I've applied for two upcoming craft fairs. It's good to have goals. I'm keeping my fingers crossed because one of them is a big one! I've been busting my butt to keep my stores stocked and I also had a new store in Midland contact me about possibly consigning with them. Etsy sales are pretty steady as well. Life is good! Hopefully me and The Mister can get away for the weekend in the Spring to Port A. I miss the beach so much and I can't wait to take Sophie (our new pup) and see what she thinks of the sand and sea. This Summer my dear old friend Anna is tying the knot with her long term boyfriend/best friend Tellis. I can't wait to celebrate their union back in Ohio with them and their family. I have so much to look forward to. 

Dress: Thrifted
Hat: Thrifted
Sweater: Old Navy
Necklace: Gifted
Boots: Thrifted

xoxo