Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bright eyed and blown out in Paisley.

Happy Hump Day! How is everyone's week going so far? Ours has been great besides some minor bumps in the road. Just some car woes.... you'll have that from time to time. On the brighter side of things we've been enjoying some very fine weather in Austin. It actually got up to 73 degrees this past weekend and the sun was shining upon us all day. It was great... we even cooked out and the puppies enjoyed playing outside and soaking up some much needed rays. We are so blessed to live in a city where to sun keeps on shining through January.


Those of you that follow me via Instagram know that I scored big time at my favorite Thrift Store this passed weekend. I'm pretty sure some random girl my size (with very good taste) up and got rid of her whole wardrobe.... which I stumbled upon. Lucky me! I came home with 8 dresses that fit me and my style perfectly. Not only that but I bought the cutest woven hat and a pair of overalls 
(that's right...overalls) and shoes. Yup, it was a great day. Even the Husbear knows an awesome deal when he sees one. He was super proud that I managed to score a great deal. 



This is one of the fabulous finds that I stumbled upon. I usually don't gravitate towards purple per say but I loved the cut and pattern. What can I say..... I have a secret 60's inner child that likes to come out and play every now and then.


As always.... my favorite boots. I'm requesting some Minnetonka Boots for my 33rd Birthday coming up in February. These boots have had it... I love them dearly but it's time to move on.


The signature bangs need a little trim. I actually have a whole system down now. Once they reach my eye lashes it time to take some embroidery scissors to them. I bought a special pair just for my bangs and keep them upstairs in my bathroom. Ha ha! Embroidery scissors are super sharp and tiny and work perfectly for trimming my bangs. I even trimmed Mandy's (Nestled in Nostalgia) for her one day at work during break. What are friends for..... am I right?


I'm looking forward to some new adventures this spring and summer. I want to spend more time outdoors running around and playing in the water. Sounds like a childish goal I know but last year the Mister and I only made it to Barton Springs once! That just wont do! We are also planning some camping excursions as well... which should be interesting now that we have two dogs. Ha! I miss camping so much! We haven't been to the coast in awhile and are due for a visit. I can't wait to see how Sophie (our newest addition) reacts to the sand and ocean. I bet she'll jump right into the waves! She is fearless.


I'm so ready for Winter to be over and for Spring to be here.... all I do is daydream about being outdoors. Thank goodness for this lovely weather.... it makes it possible for me to endure the season. I wouldn't be doing so well if I still lived in Ohio. This would be about the time of year I'd be getting cabin fever. It's a real thing! So.... what has everyone else been day dreaming about? Any awesome plans for this Spring? I'd love the here all about them.

Dress: Texas Thrift
Boot: Thrifted
Sunnies: Target

xoxo