Monday, January 27, 2014

The art of being girly....

Happy Monday! How was everyone's weekend? Mine was jam packed with loads of fun! I literally had no down time this last weekend and the fun still hasn't ended. Saturday I took that very neat class 
"Crash Course in Sewing" at The Stitch Lab with my gal pal Lisa of feto soap. Then Sunday I learned how to make French Macarons at The Sweet Shop with my other dear friend Mandy of 
Nestled in Nostalgia. I came home and jumped right into staining plaques for my taxidermy heads. Whew!! The fun doesn't stop there.... tonight I'm meeting some old work buddies at Barfly's for a good old fashioned Birthday celebration. 


This little fun number I scored at the thrift store a few weeks ago with a bunch of other awesome dresses. It was my lucky day... what can I say? This frock fits me like a glove. I just adore the pattern and cut. It even has little hidden pockets! 


I'm trying to "mix it up" as the kids say and left my boots at home for a change. Change is always good.... not as easy to walk in but still good. I love my little woven hat... I picked it up at Forever 21 years back but break it out for special occasions. Oh and my black cat eye sunnies go with everything.


Va va voom! Okay.... I wasn't trying to be sexy here. It just happens when I least expect it. I actually would rather not be "sexy" at all and just stay in the "cute" category but I'm just gonna go with it. Honestly, this image makes me a tad uncomfortable. I'm working on accepting my body more and it's hard sometimes because I just wanna cover it all up. 


I chose to wear a little shrug with the dress. I'm not ready to bare my arms just yet....I'm working my way up to that big step. Ha! I don't think you'll ever meet a more self consious person than me. True story. Baby steps......

 

Things seem to be going pretty swell lately. I've got Etsy orders to fill and I'm crocheting a bunch to keep my stores all stocked up. I'm also trying to get some stock ready for The Austin Flea and 
The Renegade Craft Fair. I applied for both so keep your fingers crossed. Hopefully I get accepted into both. Life is pretty good right now. I'm trying to workout everyday and am eating right. I even gave most of my French Macarons away so I wouldn't get off track and eat them all! 
   

The weather has been kinda funny lately.... this weekend it was just lovely then snap! All the sudden we get another cold front and its windy as all hell. I can't complain too much.... most days I run around in dresses and rarely need a jacket. I'm counting down the days till Spring... when I can lay out and soak up the sun at Barton Springs. I plan on being out doors as much as possible this Spring and Summer. It's nice that I can just pack a bag of yarn and work outside if I so choose to. I'm a lucky gal!


I hope everyone has awesome plans for the Spring and Summer like I do. The Mister and I are gonna try and get in some Beach action here soon! I'm actually looking forward to bathing suit shopping this season. You'd never hear me say that a year ago! I'm in the market for a "high waisted"vintage two piece. More on that later..... Hope you all enjoyed this little post. 

xoxo 

Dress: Thrifted
Shrug: Target
Sunnies: Target
Shoes: Target
Earrings: Claire's
Hat: Forever 21

All Things Unpredictable and Chic