Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Great Outdoors Part I

There's a bunch of places that me and The Mister like to go to in Austin.... but one of our favorites is The Great Outdoors. It's a gardening store that has the most amazing plants and flowers selection. They sell everything and anything you can imagine. They even have classes you can sign up for as well. We love taking strolls there on the weekends and gawking at all the beautiful plants that we wish we could afford. I truly could spend hours there. In the end I always find myself hanging out around the succulents. Here's a few pictures of our wonderful day out at The Great Outdoors.



So there's this cute little coffee shop where can get a bite to eat and sit on there patio and enjoy the view. They have really good iced chai.


This is a view from the patio looking down on the nursery.


Here's another view. Awwww, look and old couple buying plants together.


Take a look at there garden sculptures.


I must have this mushroom in my backyard!




Checkout the stained glass window by the fence. Pretty cool eh?




Flying pigs! Sometimes I get more interested in the yard art then the plants. Focus Taylor... focus.





They have an awesome coy pond. You can feed them too.


Hey fishy.


This is the largest wind chime I've ever seen... seriously, it's huge.


This was my favorite picture I took all day at the nursery.


um......


The Mister and I did have a pine apple plant at one point but it was unsuccessful and died. RIP.


Oh I just love Japanese Maples! 

I had to divide The Great Outdoors into Part I and Part II because I took so many photos I didn't want to over whelm anyone. If you have a free day off and live in Austin I suggest stopping by. If you are a plant lover I'm sure you've already been there. 

To be continued.......

XOXO