Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Callahans

There is an awesome store on the east side of Austin that the Mister and I love to go to on Saturdays. It's a place to buy seeds, feed, chickens and more. It's Callahan's General Store. The employees are super cool and let you hold the sheep and baby goats they sell. There is so much to look at. My favorite section (besides the baby chicks) is the cooking ware and the kitchen decor. I know, I know but is has any type of cookery you need to make a cowboy breakfast. I'll show you why I love it there.


They sell real wranglers! 


There is a Market outside as well... so you can pick up some sage or basil.


These bunnies are actually smaller then what they were in this picture. The white ones freak me out cause they have red eyes but the brown ones are cute.


I assume this is some sort of a Rooster because it was super loud.


We are now getting close to my favorite section. I know it's a little country and I normally wouldn't buy nic naks but they are fun to look at.


Kitchen tools for hardcore people that like to grind there own meat.


This is some real festive oil cloth!


Okay.... so I'm actually into canning. The Mister and I have so much cucumbers in the summer that we make dill pickles. We still have some from last summer that we haven't finished yet but it's super fun. This year we have three blackberry bushes so we may can our own jelly. I can't wait.


I've always wanted one of these guys. I would totally make iced tea or put punch in it for a party. I love the green one and the turquoise one next to it.


Okay... so this is my favorite section. I have always wanted a red refrigerator and a vintage style. This is it! Exactly what I want.... and the stove too. Sigh.....


I want everything in this picture. well, I guess I will pass on the rooster clock.


The seasoning section. Quite amusing.


Home made jam. Mmmmmmmm.


Real cowboy hats! 


I'm not sure about these belts but people wear them on ranches.


This is where they fit the hats to your noggin.


I could go for a sweet pair of boots. I would really like a pair of grey ones. Nothing too flashy. I would wear them with shorts or a white cotton dress.


Seeds! 


Baby chicks. I think Matt and I are going to purchase two in the near future. We have to build the coop first.


Maybe we will hang one above our front door for good luck. Open end up.


Lasso me up.


These are too cute for our house plants.




They have live bands there every Saturday. Blue Grass is mighty fine by me.


More Market plants.




This is the goat they have there. It's so funny... they always look like they are smiling. I would love to take her home but she is a little too big for our back yard and our neighbors would hate us.


This was really strange. I've never seen a camel in real life and wouldn't think that you would run into one at a General Store. It looked like it was a gimmick to get people to advertise with a persons company. I don't believe it had anything to do with Callahan's. 

I hope you enjoyed a little peek into our daily lives. Tell me what you think. I'm always down with the comments.

XOXO