Thursday, May 17, 2012

Picnic Dress

Matt was so sweet this afternoon. Earlier I went to The Antique Mall with my friend Mandy from Nestled in Nostalgia. I came back and felt so cute in my vintage up-cycled dress made by my dear friend Cate Donohue that I asked him to photograph me. We were headed to Zilker Park to meet him family and it was the perfect picnic dress, I had even just purchased a picnic basket from a Thrift Store.. brand new! I was so excited. We weren't sure how the weather would hold out because it did appear that some clouds were rolling in. By the time we made it to Zilker Park the sun was shinning and there were no clouds in sight. What a wonderful day in the park with family.


These photos were taken in our backyard. 


Almost everything I was wearing was thrifted. Although when I purchased this dress it was 2 sizes too big... Cate fixed that for me. She is so good at what she does. I'm so lucky to have such talented friends.


I'm such a nerd about wearing these socks. I admit it's a little childish and I do get a lot of dirty looks  for wearing them but I like what I like.... I can't help it.


This belt is also thrifted. I wear it all the time, it's nice because it's a stretchy belt and white goes with almost everything.


Here's a view with my little birdies.


Detail of the collar.... I actually wore lipstick! I'm trying to get in the habit of wearing more... I usually just wear chap stick.


I love these last two images! I wanted to show the detail in my milk maid braids and I was so surprised that they came out as well as they did. Not that Matt is a bad photographer or anything.... I just don't usually photograph well. These are super cute. 


I really love this post and hope that you enjoyed it as well!

XOXO