Thursday, May 10, 2012

Barton Creek Farmers Market

I had the pleasure of attending The Barton Creek Farmers Market with my good friend Cate Donohue and her little Butter Bean Eleanor. I've never been to The Barton Creek Market before but I was quite impressed with the vendors. Everyone was super nice and willing to let me photograph them and their produce. Everything was fresh and less expensive than it would be at HEB or other competing grocery stores. It's totally worth the trip not only because you are getting quality organic fruits and vegetables but you are also supporting local farmers. Here are some of the vendors that I chatted with.

Braune Farms
Owned by Jeffery and Julie Braune
and Melanie Esqueda

They are located at 1300 Link Road 
Seguin, Texas 78155

You can contact them by e-mail
Braunefarms@Yahoo.com





This next vendor is Markley Family Farm
owned by Bryan and Becky Markley

They are located at 394 Union Wine Rd
New Braunfels, Tx 78130

Contact MarkleyFamilyFarm@hotmail.com



This next booth I really enjoyed. I'm all about hand made crafts and fully support local artists.
These cute little hand bags are all made from Felted Wool, 100% Organic. Owner Cathie Hutchins is a self taught fiber artist.
You can find her website at www.austinyarncompany.com






The next vendor is my absolute favorite. The very cute... the very talented owner of Belle and Burger.


I was so excited to see someone selling hand made clothes at the Farmers Market! Look how fun her apron skirts are. She also makes re-vamped T shirts.


Her tent set up was so adorably cute.


Her aprons are so creative and reasonably priced!


Love her tattoos; apron skirt and the boots! Love it all.


I love this little frock. You can check out her looks on 

    P.S. Don't forget her super cute blog Belle and Burger.


A little random picture I through in there.

m squared jewelry by Mae-Mae Stiles is the next vendor. She has some pretty awesome jewelry.... check out  these wire necklaces that are made free hand. I think they are pretty clever. The pear is my favorite.






You can contact Mea-Mea at maemeasong@gmail.com


Star Farmers Market is the next stop on my list. Terry & Sharon McGhehey are the owners from Rockdale Texas. They make Jams and Jellies all year round.  I'm obsessed with jam over cream cheese with crackers. If you've never tried it I suggest you do. I purchased a jalapeno jelly and served it as an appetizer to my Sister and Brother in Law and they loved it.




You can contact Star Farmers Market  by e mail:
starfarmersmarket@yahoo.com


I was really impressed by the size of this vendors tent. They had the most selection and variety of locally grown and organic vegetables that I have ever seen at a Farmers Market before. They are called Johnson's Backyard Garden

You can sign up to join the farm and have fresh veggies delivered to you or you can pick up your box at local sites. You can choose to purchase a box every week or every 2 weeks and add coffee or free range eggs for an additional fee. It's really quite a good deal.


                           









Check out their blog at  Johnson's Back Yard Garden

Let me know what you think of my post.... feel free to leave a comment. If you need any information on how to contact the vendors e -mail me at Taylorheldenbrand@gmail.com and I'll get back to you.

XOXO