Friday, May 18, 2012

Mustang Island


So me The Mister and our good friends Mandy from Nestled in Nostalgia and her main man James took a trip to the coast. Matt and I have always gone to Mustang Island near Port Aransas. It's nice because it's only four hours away and since it's a State park it's very clean. The beach is practically desolate which we love, there are never spring breakers camping there... mostly older folks that are retirees. We ended up camping (with electric provided of course)behind the dunes. It was lovely... we had our own grill and a picnic table. Here are some photos that we captured while staying on the beach.


Some years are "shell" years.... one year it was a "jelly fish" year. We also had a "sea weed" year. This time it seemed to be another "sea weed" year. Not to many shells this time. We did see a few jelly fish but not as many as before. 


This is the vegetation that grows on the dunes.... I love the dunes because of the blossoms. These pictures were taken in the wee hours of the morning. We always make it a point to watch the sun rise and walk the beach looking for shells. 


The sunrise.




The Mister off in the distance.


These are taken by my baby Matt. I asked him if it bothers him that I want him to take pictures of me all the time for my blog and he said: "No cause I know it makes you happy." Isn't he a doll? 




Beach by day.


The Jetty. That's me.... tiny little speck.




I really wanted to share how special Mustang Island is to me and Matt..... it's "our place". It's become a tradition to try to vacation there every six months.... sometimes we can only make it out there once a year. We love camping and staying active outdoors and it's the perfect place for us and little baby Lu Lu. Tell me what you think. I'm always open to comments.

XOXO