Wednesday, May 2, 2012

a sea of orange flowers

This last Saturday and Sunday was a very productive week for The Mister and me. I cleaned our studio, worked in the garden and we enjoyed a little stroll at the farmers market. It was very relaxing indeed.  We even had enough time in the morning to snap a few photos before it got too hot. We are so lucky to live next to open fields so there are always new and different types of wild flowers growing. This spring has especially been great because we have gotten some rain showers here and there. We found this field set back behind our property up a hill. It was nice to see it hadn't yet been mowed. Here's what The Mister captured.



It was only appropriate that I wear and orange skirt right? I've had this skirt since last year some time ago and it has just been hanging in my closet. I've never known where to wear it to or what to pair it with. As soon as I saw the field of flowers I knew it was time.


I'm not sure what type of flowers these are... Matt called them "Orange Indian Blanket". I just call them orange flowers, either  way they are beautiful to me.


Here's a little detail from my blouse. I so in love bows!


We also found some Cactus that was in bloom. 


Detail of my tan suede shoes. I usually just carry my shoes until the last moment. I'm always trekking through fields and I don't want to ruin them.


I hope you enjoyed the flowers and my orange skirt. The Mister and I are trying to get out more and document my daily wears. He is such a good sport about it. 

XOXO