Monday, May 21, 2012

The Antique Gallery

Mandy and I took a trip to Round Rock, Texas to visit The Antique Gallery. It was bigger than I thought with separate sections dedicated to individual vendors.......Mandy scouted it out long before me and I was pleasantly surprised when she took me there. I love love love antiquing.I loose myself in the history and stories behind the special collections and treasures left behind by people that have since passed. I think that's why I love combing antique shops because I drift off into another place in time. It's weird the things and people prize and collect.... it really make you wonder. Here are some pictures that I documented along the way. 



I started a collection of teacups recently. I originally bought a few to store my rings and earings in on top of my dresser drawer, but now it's turned into something more and it's growing fast. When we were cleaning out our Grandmothers house after she pasted I found a bunch of vintage tea sets from the WWII era. See Grandma and Grandpa traveled most of their lives and picked up a thing or two here and there. I do believe they are still stored in my parents attic.... I'm just waiting for the perfect place to display them. Maybe Matt and I will get a retro hutch and mix old with new.


Yup... love this retro kitchen. It matched the outfit I was wearing that day. Donna Reed style.


Awww, the smell of vintage clothing. 


This was by far my favorite section, Mandy would agree.


 

Photographes of memories long since past....




Magazine clippings, medicine bottles, trinkets and much much more.


Crochet hair clips and buttons...... I can appreciate these things.


Perfume bottle collection.


Beautiful vines and bird cages. 




Gloves? Don't mind if I do. Well I have a collection at home.








Yes I collect vintage typewritters too..... so what.


These remind me of the kitchen towels and rack that my Grandma used to have in her kitchen. I remember that kitchen well.... it was yellow and the smell of her gas stove would linger in the air. She always seemed to have the window open and her curtains would dance in the breeze. I was introduced to pumpernicle bread in the kitchen.



I hope you enjoyed this post. I visit Antique stores often so I'm sure you will see more posts in the near future.


XOXO