Friday, May 18, 2012

The Great Outdoors Part II

Here is the continuation of  The Great Outdoors... our favorite spot to shop for plants and what have you. The second Part is actually my favorite.... we will be visiting the succulents and the butterfly garden!


There are some of the most creative garden sculptures I have ever seen and the pottery is amazing too. Of course they cost a pretty penny but it's so worth it. The Mister and I purchased a very large pot a few years back for the banana plant that has since grown out of it so we then had to plant it in the backyard; it seems to be doing quite well. The madagascar plant is now in the pot.


Bull dog?



Such an amazing color!


My favorite section is the cactus and succulent section. They are so tiny and cute. If we had a kitchen window sill I would place them in the window. Of course the kitchen would be painted yellow. Alas I have two siding doors in my kitchen so I can't complain.




Which one should I choose?



This is pretty cool. Can you see the plants on the building? That's called a living roof. I helps to keep the building cool. I think it's an awesome idea that Matt and I would love to try on our studio. We will see. More to come on the Studio.



This is the inside of the gift shop. Okay... so I want everything in here. They have the coolest trinkets and treasures for our garden. I could spend a fortune in this place! Here's a glimpse....


Who would have ever thought to use seed envelopes as wall paper? I'm obsessed with owls and mushrooms... yes please. I can see these little guys in our vegetable garden.


More seeds and air plants.... love them! Can you see the little tea pot in the back ground? It's all setting on top of a singer sewing machine. Ugh, so adorable.


Hey little butterfly.... were did you come from?


Oh now I see where you live. What a very nice home you have!


I don't know what plant this is but it reminds me of happiness. Who wouldn't smile?


Matt wishing we could take home this huge bamboo plant. We already planted some running bamboo in our backyard so we can get more shade beside our studio. It's taken off nicely but we could always add more.






Love water plants. I hope that someday we can have a coy pond with reeds and lily pads.


I found out an awesome fact about lily pads..... they are both mail and female. You can tell the difference when they bloom. White blooms means they are female and when they bloom pink they are male. Isn't that interesting?


Here I am in a reflective ball. Matt is in the background. Don't judge me... it was super hot that day and impossible to look cute.

I love plants and so does Matt, it's something we have in common. We love to garden and grow things... we find happiness in it. It's a way for us to  find peace and relaxation. We take pride in our garden and love the fact we are providing ourselves with nutritious food that is chemical free. I hope this inspires people go out and start their own garden.

XOXO