Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Ideas that don't suc

I haven't posted about gardening in such along time...due to weather I'm sure. It's almost time to bring all our plants indoors for the season... it's gonna be a full house this winter. All of our potted plants have tripled in size. Everything is towering over me.... especially our Madagascar Palm. It's practically a tree now! As you all may know, I'm very fond of succulents and always seem to gravitate towards them when I go to our local Nursery. We have them all over our house.. indoor and outdoor. I love them all! The Mister and I recently bought a mini greenhouse and have planted little cacti and succulents in mugs and teacups and placed them inside. It really is unique and it's something we look at together everyday. I guess you could say our plants bring us together as silly as that sounds. I searched the Internet to find some clever ideas for potting and planting your indoor succulents. These are truly cute.


I'm a freak about tins. I collect them and actively look for them every time I'm in an antique store. If I found vintage coffee cans like this I would snatch them up in a second to pot my plants in.


This silver tea set is so darling. It would be a beautiful center piece for any get together or displayed in a window sill.


This is a beautiful example of a "living wall". These are very easy to take care of because they don't require much watering. You can by a kit on ETSY for around $70 dollars that looks like this....





A good source that I found for blown glass vases is Alibaba.com. There was over 97 suppliers found on this site but you have to search through them though cause some of the glass vases are wack. If you don't want to order a vase online you can go to a local craft store such as Hobby Lobby. If you're searching for air plants I found that Mahoney's has a lot of good tips on what types of moss to use as a filler as well as rocks etc....


If you're curious about what type of succulent to choose check out Dought-Smart-Plants. It's the site of all sites for succulents.




Looking for an unusual planter? Try a toy car.


You can also purchase this DIY succulent wreath kit on sosucculant. Their ETSY store is full of wonderful ideas and other DIY's. Wouldn't this be beautiful hanging in a window or on your front door?

Well folks... that's about it for this Gardening Post. I will try to post more about Gardening through the winter.

xoxo