Monday, December 10, 2012

Vintage wall art

I'm really loving The Mid-Century vibe right now. I've always been attracted to vintage/retro design and of course that fashion era 1950's-1970's. Turn on the TV and watch any Mad Men episode and you will see what I mean. So check this out.... I'm a BIG fan of  Oh So Lovely Vintage. It's a blog about two girls Erin and Stefanie that are owners of a vintage boutique as well as a mobile shop in a 1956 travel trailer. These girls are crazy cool....and so are their DIY's. I came across this Retro Wood Wall Art project and almost peed my panties. How super cute and creative is this? This is gonna be on my DIY list for sure!






So easy right? It makes me want to re-decorate my home..... we already have a Mod style house that is teal and orange... why the hell not. Here's some more fab wall art that might inspire you.






This totally reminds me of Grandparents kitchen..... they also had the classic large "fork and spoon" on their wall as well.


It would also be swell to get a canvas from a local craft store and paint on the designs and then frame it instead. BOOM!





This look is right up my alley. Check out Oh so Lovely Vintage if you need more inspiration.... their blog is full of great ideas and beautiful things. I'll be posting more about our Mod house in the near future....stay tuned.

xoxo