Saturday, December 8, 2012

Opening night!


So the day had finally arrived for the opening night of The Blue Genie Art Bazaar. It was a big night for me... as you know I've been working my fingers to the bone in preperation for this day. My thumbs are so tired but I finally can say that I participated in my first show! I was so excited to hear the news that I was chosen to show my work... it was a juried exibition so we had to make the final cut to actually get in. All my hard work has paid off. I can breathe a sigh of relief. It was the only show that I applied for... I was terrified that I wouldn't be able to keep up with the demand between the show and Parts & Labour but so far I'm doing just fine. I've had a lot of help from The Mister and a lot of support from my dear friends. Speaking of... check out my beautiful, talented friends below.


The Fearsome Four. On the left is Domonique Hamilton and then followed by Megan Cano and Mandy Bustamante and there I am on the right with some major duck face.


Here's some awesome ornaments by my friend Kym of Kymical Labs.


I'm so loving this idea.... I can see me buying one of these in the near future.






This stuffed dog looks like my friend Carley Young's dog (Pidey) Spidey.


This wall of wreaths is super colorful. Bam! 


Scotty the Dog is welded together from fnoud objects... love the below extention for the nose.


More eye popping creations.


This is one of my all time favorite artist/crafter. I've blogged before about them last year. ArticultureDesigns.com


Living art.



Kudos to the Origami. I have a friend that creates origami pieces and I know how challenging it is... it takes skill and major patience.


If I wore earrings I would nab some of these up in a heart beat.


How cute and original would these be on your Christmas tree? 


I am totally loving these grackles. I remember when The Mister and I first moved here and when we stepped off the plane the first thing I heard was a loud grackle. It was like a whole other world compaired to Ohio. It sounded so different and I immediatly got excited about the change that was coming in our near future. Two weeks later we packed up our bags and told our friends and family that we were moving. It was sad and heartfelt... more on that later.


Ok so the purse at the very top right... not the clutches but the little handbag... the pattern on this is almost identical to a knitting bag that my Mom has at home. Made me smile and want to but it instantly.


Adore these little bags.


Here are some fabulous clutches by annemarie. I could go for the pink and green one up top. I seriously want to buy everything in the show. A girl could go crazy in this place.


Funky little wallets by Jennifer Nakatsu.


Here's the close up of the bag that reminds me of my Mom's knitting bag. Doesn't the pattern look ols style retro?


I would love to have a vanity with about 3 of these mirrors mounted on my wall as one big mirror. Only 25$? I'll take them all. That's the cool thing about The Blue Genie Art Bazaar... not only are you supporting local artists but you can find original pieces that are one of a kind for a good price.


I've been obsessed with Kitties lately and would love to have a collection of random kitty plates in a nook in my dinning room. Loving werid pieces 


Super intense color.... blogged about this last year as well.


I'm really digging this whale painting.... I want everything! Ahhhhhhhhh!


Love love love Gypsyharte!




The mushrooms and Woodland creatures are my favorite!


Check out this Gerbal. Me likey!



I cannot believe this guys set up.... it is literally unbelievable. Corrigated cardboard smushed together and hollowed out the look like the fossels are actually burried deep within the ground! This must have taken so much time and dedication. The pieces are truely amazing and one of a kind.


Buddha Hill.... a girl after my own heart. I freakout about cute shit like this! It reminds me of my "bubble eared guys" but this is way more intricate and looks like it's felt? I think the dolls are adorable and would love to purchase a few for myself.




Um.... want much?


These felted ball necklaces are pretty cool. I wanna try to make one of my own. This is definatly another project on my list.


Plade Pigeon... I adore you. Not only is you Business name similar to mine but I think you are pretty clever. I saw this last year but this year you have really out done yourself... your prices are kind too. 


I LOVE SUCCULANTS!

So this wraps it up for the opening night. I am so happy that my dear frinds and The Mister was there. I hate to toot my own horn but I've been working so hard for this and I'm so tickled that I actually busted my balls to make it happen. I have a a very supportive husband and couldn't have done it without his help. I love you Matt!

xoxo