Tuesday, December 18, 2012

New Bohemia

Last Friday my very good friends Mandy and Chris joined me for a Holiday Party at New Bohemia. New Bohemia is a "sister store" to Parts & Labour.... as I'm a vendor for P&L I was invited to check it out.
The party was a vintage 60's theme inspired by "Mad Men". Mandy and I were so excited that we both rushed out to get new clothes. I got the cutest little cocktail dress from XXI and Mandy went more the Mod route and wore a graphic patterned dress. We looked smashing with our bouffants! I tried to get my hair as big as I could. You know what they say...... The bigger the hair, the closer to Jesus. I think I used a whole bottle of hairspray. Never the less I felt and looked great. We all looked great!


We later went next door to South Congress Cafe and had cocktails and yummy crispy gulf oysters with green onions, pancetta, roasted red pepper remoulade. We also nibbled on crab cakes with mango aioli, red chili sauce, field greens and citrus vinaigrette! It was so tasty...I can't wait to go back there with Matt. It was a little on the pricey side but well worth it. Later Mandy and I went back home to my house where we drank red wine and danced to "Thriller".
Matt had the fire pit going and chilled outside with us while we acted like crazy girls. Good wholesome, old fashion fun.