Monday, December 31, 2012

Princess Phones

Ever since I was a little girl I've always wanted a Princess Phone. I don't know what it is about them but they are so girly. Me likey everything girly. I used to want my own telephone line in my bedroom as well. I remember begging my Mom for it with no such luck. I think my obsession started when I saw Molly Ringwald talking on one in the movie "Pretty In Pink". I would have had to have been in elementary school then and you know how little girls always want to be more mature and act like they are teens. Well that's how I was...wishing and praying to get boobs and my period. I don't know if I'm the only girl to pray to God about those things or not but I was a little bit of a freak.




I'm always attracted to vintage finds. These aren't too old school. I don't even remember having a rotary phone in our house. I'm sure we did. My Mom did however let me and my sister have our own phones in our rooms... just not our own phone lines. She bought us little cheap white phones with a long cord that would always get tangled.... it was so annoying. That was before cordless. I immediately decorated mine with finger nail polish and stickers. It was a push button phone but sounded like a rotary when it dialed out.


Remember collecting key chains? I had so many on my keyring that it was ridiculous. Theses little guys remind me of the prizes that we would win at The United Skates of America.... that was a fun happening place that we used to roller skate at. All the best 80's and early 90's music. You know... all the good stuff. We used to request the song "Cocamo" repeatedly. I'm sure the DJ hated us. Anywho.... we would play skeeball and win tickets and could buy little trinkets with your tickets. They were those cheapy, plastic toys. They totally had these there.


This is super cute! We don't even have a land line in our house. What did we do before smart phones? Sheesh.




Pink or Teal? Hmmmmm. I'll take both!


Love this embrodery. I think I may just make one for myself.

Why would they even make beige? Ewwwww, egg shell would have been cool. I love these old ads. I totally fall for that junk. I used to cut out ads in Sassy and Jane Magazine and tape them all over the back of my door. I wanted to be a teenage girl soooo bad. I was such a silly kid.
Hope you enjoy some of my childhood stories. There's more where that came from.

xoxo