Friday, December 28, 2012

jumping for joy

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas. I have a lot to be happy about lately.... I'm feeling so much better these days and am having only about 2-3 seizures a week now. My symptoms have faded slowly and I feel like my life is finally back on track. Matt and Lucy are good to me and I'm so thankful I have them in my life. I'm also glad that The Blue Genie Art Bazaar has come to an end and I can finally get a break... which is a good thing because my thumbs are extremely sore. Matt's doing very good at his job and is getting much deserved recognition for all the hard work and dedication he has put forth to the company. We are celebrating by going out to a fancy restaurant this evening. Soon we will have a vacation and head to Mustang Island... our favorite little spot by the ocean. This has been a very difficult year for us both... with me being sick and dealing with all the issues that come with that. There have been good things that have come our way as well. I've finally pushed myself to participate in an Art Show which was hard and gratifying at the same time. I sell my work in a hip store on S. Congress and have even sold pieces during first Thursday's. I've become a more dedicated blogger and have found that many other people out there have the same interests as I do. All in all it's been a roller coaster of emotion but I wouldn't change a thing.


These pictures were taken by Matt in our backyard. The building that you see behind me is a studio that Matt designed and built all by himself. It's amazing inside and out.... he is such a handy man. I'm seriously lucky that he has the skill and knowledge to create these things. Right now he is finishing up on adding on a screened in porch to the side of our house. It's going to be so awesome. I have a feeling it's going to be our new "chill room". I can picture it now.... sitting out there on a summer night enjoying a cocktail or two. Matt said he eventually wants to put in a chimney which would be super cool. I can't wait till it's done so I can decorate it. In the meanwhile we are still working on making the studio a "workable space".


I wore this outfit to go to exchange gifts at my brother and sister in laws house. I wanted to feel relaxed and comfy so the leggings were a must. It's been awhile since I have worn this top... I saw myself wearing it in a picture and thought I looked crappy so I hid it away in my closet but it was the only top I found that was long enough to go over my butt. Note to self: Invest in longer tops.

There was actually a HUGE gust of wind that blew my bangs straight up in the air. I like this picture though because you see how genuinely happy that I truly am now. Life is good.



My good friend Yvette found this coat and bought it for me because she knew I would adore it... and I'm so glad that she did because I DO love it. I'm obsessed with Mustard color. I ring on the left was given to me by Matt. He bought it at a little boutique that I used to see my crochet cupcakes in.... called Oh la la. The ring on the right is a signet ring that I still have yet to get engraved with an "H". I just stacked it over my wedding ring.


It's all in the details.....


Well darlings..... I hope you enjoyed my posts lately. I'm trying to take more "daily wear" images. Now that I'm feeling better and it's not over 100 degrees it's so much easier. I'm sure I'll be posting my new clothes that I got for Christmas soon.

xoxo