Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!!!


Happy New Year everyone. I have a feeling that 2013 is going to be a great year for me and our family. It's been a long uphill battle for me and the Mister for a little over the last two years or so. Since being diagnosed with "Alice In Wonderland Syndrome" and having to deal with seizures, visual distortions and severe migraines ....it has really put life into perspective for us. Over the last year my side of the family has faced many challenges. My Father was laid off from an Architecture firm that he has been with since I was just a little girl. My Grandmother (My Father's Mother) passed away and we watched as my Dad sunk further into depression. We came together as a family and tried to resolve the situation. Taryn and I tried everything we could to come up with a plan to ensure our parents future stability. Taryn has been the one that I have relied on since I'm not there. My Mom has had to take on the role as the family provider which is understandably difficult for her. All this has made us... me realise how fragile life can be and how precious these moments are. There have been trying times and also good times as well. Matt's side of the family and I welcomed the birth of our second nephew Max, son to Cindy and Mark Hart. My sister Taryn got engaged to her Mister of several years Brian and we couldn't be happier for the two of them. Matt's hard work has finally paid off and he is getting recognized for it by his Boss and co workers. I have also seen positive changes in my heath both physically and mentally. My seizures have subsided and I no longer have migraines. Although I still take medication for Epilepsy I have managed to ween myself off the other two prescribed medications (with the help of my physician). Through all this Matt and I have grown closer than we have ever been. He has been my rock through this all and I don't think I would have been able to survive without him. I don't plan on making any New Years Resolutions this year... I do however plan on concentrating on my health and getting back to where I was before I became ill. There is so much to look forward to in 2013. I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

xoxo