Monday, January 14, 2013

Channeling Taylor Swift's style

I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift's music but the girl has style...... I love how she combines ladylike pieces with a tomboy edge. She is definitely a style icon of mine. I love classic pieces with a splash of color or a little fun surprise. That's what Swift seems to be so good at doing..... whether it her striking red lips, fun sunglasses or cute kitten shoes. She has grown into young woman with her own style and seems to be having fun with her clothes along the way. Here are some cheap look-a-like (except for the Prada shades) pieces that are inspired by Taylor Swift in everyday "street wear".



Prada


polyvore















Skirt is from Modcloth





I seriously want a classic coach purse to go with everything  I own. These are "timeless pieces" that will never go out of style and is so well made that it will stand the test of time. I have a funny story about a coach bag that I bought online... I still have it but it's at the bottom of my closet right now. So, I saw a cute, classic navy blue coach bag on Goodwill.com and bid on it and got it. It was shipped to me and I opened up the package and opened the main flap on the top of the bag and instantly saw to antenna sticking out if a secret pocket inside. I threw the purse on the kitchen table because I just knew what was in there! I looked down and saw the biggest roach I've ever seen. I'm guessing the bag was mailed with the roach in it? I don't know... either way I was horrified. I screamed for Matt and he flung the purse outside on our driveway knocking the roach out of the bag... he them smashed it with a hammer. It was pretty traumatic, I'm scared to use the bag now because I keep thinking that more bugs are going to come out of some secret compartment. Ugh.... we know joke about it and call it my "roach bag" instead of my coach bag. Ha.