Wednesday, January 16, 2013

For me and the home

Whenever I get on Ruche's Home & Office site I freak the eff put! I seriously could go crazy if I had the money.... I would buy everything for our home... literally everything. The Mister and I already have an array of nick knacks laying around our house. Match books, toys, cameras, gadgets and things we've collected along the way. It's so funny to watch someone come over to our house for the first time and see their reaction on their faces. It's not like I'm a hoarder in a sense but I like having things that make me smile. Goofy things, whimsical things..... you know. So seeing all these brightly colored treasures online is hard for me to resist.


For example.... this clock. Well this would be a great addition to my already existing collection. That's right, I collect clocks. This journal, one can never have too many journal laying around or hidden in your pantie drawer.


I know I've posted about "Diana Camera's" before but I want one so badly to add to my camera collection. Someday I'm going to have to post about all my very awesome vintage and toy cameras. I love plastic, toy cameras... they are they best!


I do love to hang fun and happy illustration's in our home. For example we have two screen prints in our living room... one is of a squirrel dressed in a suit and the other is a giant squid attacking a ship. Like I said, I love things that make me smile.


With this stamp alphabet kit I could really go to town making personalized cards for my friends and family. Yup, I do things like that all the time. I'm a very crafty person and even host "craft night" on occasions and invite all my best friends over. Okay and who doesn't love Fifi Lapin? Come on... seriously cute illustrations.


Oh look! Another interesting camera.... and I would love to have this adorable camera strap for my digital SLR! 


I would definitely use these in my herb garden. The Mister is a serious Green Thumb and I have taken a liking to having my own fresh herb garden in the summer. There is nothing more gratifying than growing our own food.


These heart pill boxes are too cute. Unfortunately I do take a lot of medication for Epilepsy and hate using those cheap plastic pill containers. If I cooked more I would use this apron and mitt. The Mister is usually the one that cooks and I stand around and watch.


Hey there! Another vintage inspired clock. This would be lovely in our guest bedroom.


Macaroon's is a common spelling mistake. These little guys are spelled Macaron's. Macaroon's are a little coconut cookie... were as Macaron's are the little delectable French version. Okay, let's talk tin's. I also collect tin's and buy them from various antique stores but usually nab them at Uncommon Objects.


The Mister and I have a card catalogue in our living room and love the antique vibe. This would be a cute way to store spices, tea or even your jewelry.


I simply love this little adorable faux camera.... this is a must have. This citrus illustration would be darling in a kitchen.


Who doesn't take pictures of there shoes? That's the most common picture I see on Instagram and I'm guilty of doing it.... but I think it's important to document my shoes right? Anybody with me?


This single serve tea pot is too precious! Oh and looky there... matches. I love pretty match box's.


Another adorable illustration! This would be so toot paired with the bear seen above.


We can never have too many mugs. Mugs seem to disappear in our house... whether it me breaking them or The Mister leaving them at the office or in the car... I can never seem to find one when I need one.


The Mister and I were talking about getting two chickens this spring. Yes, we are "those people". Hey we like being self sustainable. This ceramic egg cart would look swell in our fridge for all those little eggs that our chickens will pop out.


So Jeni is from Columbus, Ohio where Matt and I are from. Back in the day she had a store in The North Market, later when I went home years later to visit my sister Taryn Jeni had opened up another store. Of course we had to document the occasion. To see more about Jeni's ice cream read Postcards from Ohio.

I hope you enjoyed my little post.
xo