Sunday, January 6, 2013

Ornamental Things

Last year at The Blue Genie Art Bazaar I was delighted to meet Natalie The artist and owner of
Ornamental Things. At that time I was documenting the show and was instantly attracted to her jewelry.
Her booth was stocked with the most beautiful charms and bobbles hanging from long chains.... I do love long necklaces. As it would be she was there taking inventory so I was able to chat with her and ask if I could blog about her. Natalie was more than happy to answer all my questions and allow me to take photos of her product. The Mister (Matt) knew how much I loved her necklaces because I raved so much about how unique and interesting they are. He went back to the Bazaar and bought me the one that I had my eye on. What a sweet guy... he is seriously good at picking out jewelry for me! Ever since then I buy special pieces from her that I know I can't find anywhere else. I now have a small collection of precious trinkets hanging from my accessory hook on my vanity. I just adore her pieces.... they are all hand made and unique in their own way. This year at The Blue Genie Art Bazaar I was able to participate in the show so I was always there to stock my product. I would always stroll by her booth that is beautifully decorated by the way, and check out her new items. This year during the opening my girlfriends came to support me and they were totally immersed in her collection. I think we spent a good hour ogling her necklaces and then kept coming back to check up on them. All my girlfriends love her work! This year Matt surprised me again with a unique piece that is so amazing. I was so shocked and surprised still that Matt does such a great job picking out jewelry for me. This necklace is my favorite piece so far.
Isn't it great? It's actually a working telescope.... of course it only magnifies just a tad but it also collapses!
I love that he chose this piece for me because it holds significance to us and our relationship. I met my future husband on a Lunar Eclipse which we admired together that night and we married on a full moon. My sister Taryn made a very lovely toast at our wedding claiming that we were "made in the stars". We also get our telescope out and go star gazing on special occasions... so you can see why this necklace is a symbol of our relationship over the years. I just love it and the meaning behind it. I will cherish it for years to come.

Please visit Ornamental Things and support local artists.

xoxo