Monday, January 7, 2013

Pocket full of Sunshine

I'm loving this new flowy dress that Matt bought me for Christmas. He snagged it from my favorite local boutique So La. I just love So La! They have the most unique clothing that you can't buy anywhere else.... mostly local designers which I like because I'm all about supporting local artists. Their dresses are amazing...I want them all. It's really hard for me to control myself when I go in there because it's full of the latest styles that they are constantly updating. Every time I go in there I see something new that I want.... skinny belts, tights, a new bag. You get the idea. I have a dress similar to this one but it's short sleeved. Unfortunately it's been a little too snug on me lately..... since I was diagnosed with Epilepsy and have been dealing with seizures it's been hard for me to maintain my weight. It's been a rough past 2 years and I've slowly put on a few pounds. I don't think I look bad but I just don't feel comfortable with myself. Now that I'm feeling better I have promised myself that I'm going to work on getting myself back to where I was before I became ill. I didn't want to really let the cat out of the bag this early because I don't want to jinx myself but I've joined Weight Watchers and plan to slowly and healthfully loose weight the right way. I used to be a runner and made it a habit to run every other day at least 3 miles but since then I have fallen out of rhythm and can't even run 5 minutes without stopping to take a break. It's something that I always enjoyed doing and it's time that I get back into it..... not just to look good but to feel good about myself again.


These photos are taken near our backyard. We are lucky to live on land that isn't developed yet. It's so beautiful all year round. We currently have a Great Horned Owl living in the trees (see picture below) and giant Hawk as well. I'm super paranoid whenever I take Lucy out.. I don't want to have her get carried away by the birds. The Great Horned Owl I saw at dusk one night from a distance. It was the craziest Owl I've ever seen. I could only make out the silhouette at first but them grabbed our binoculars and checked it out. It is seriously the largest bird I have ever seen in my life! Even Matt was astonished and he grew up on a farm full of wildlife. I was asking how big he thought it was and he thinks that it would at least be as tall as my hips. WTH! That's Pterodactyl size.


It was the windiest day we've had all year. You can't tell but I actually did my hair all nice for the shoot but it immediately went to crap the second I walked out the door. I could barely keep my hat on.... which by the way Matt bought me for Christmas as well from Modcloth.


I know everything is dead during this time of the year but I still think the tall grass is beautiful blowing in the breeze. It looks like waves of golden water.


Here's a close up of the necklace that Matt bought for me made by Ornamental Things. It's a working telescope that expands! I love it.


Mandy actually gave me these knee highs which I wear all the time. It's not too cold during the winter here so I can get away with wearing dresses with tights or knee socks and boots.


Matt jokes around with me because he says I never give him credit for taking my photos for me.... Now so that everyone knows my awesome husband takes all my pictures even when he doesn't want to he knows that my blog is my passion and it means a lot to me. Thanks Matt... I love you.


Hat: Modcloth
Dress: So La
Necklace: Ornamental Things
Knee Socks: Mandy
Boots: Thrifted

xoxo