Sunday, January 13, 2013

infused water & herbal ice cubes

I'm trying to be a good girl and drink more water this year. The problem is is that to me water is boring..... I've been putting lemon slices in my water and have noticed that I've been drinking more. I wanted to see what other types of infused water recipes where out there and found some really good ones... also the herbal ice cubes are a great idea especially in the summer.



 Basil Lime Mint Infused Water


1 fresh sliced lime
4 to 6 fresh peppermint leaves, slightly crushed
2 fresh basil leaves, slightly crushed

Rosemary Mint Lemon Water

1 sliced lemon
2 sprigs of fresh rosemary, slightly crushed
2 sprigs of fresh mint, slightly crushed


Lemon Cucumber Infused Water

1 sliced cucumber
1 sliced lemon



Lemon Lavender Infused Water

3 sliced lemons
1/4 cup fresh lavender



 Strawberry Basil Infused Water


1 pint of fresh sliced strawberries
10-12 basil leaves, slightly crushed


herbal infused ice cubes

mint infused icecubes
recipe 17apart


Aren't these mason jars and straws cute! I can't wait till the summer so I can host a little party for my close friends and we can all enjoy some refreshing infused water in our newly finished screened in porch that Matt has been working so hard on. I have a whole rosemary bush in my front yard just waiting to be used for the Rosemary Mint mix but I'm super interested in trying the Basil Lime water the most. My herb garden will be nice and plentiful so I will have almost all the ingredients at my fingertips.
 I'm getting thirsty just thinking about it.

xoxo

All recipes from Squido
Cute drink labels from eatdrinkchic
Spill proof cup idea The chicken coop
Flip top bottles Amazon
Images Pinterest